2017 Nationals Schools Debating Championships will take place in Brisbane from May 21 to 28.
Every year there is a National Schools Debating Competition held on a rotating basis around Australia. Participation in the NT Team requires commitment, organisation and dedication. Participants are expected to adhere to a strict training schedule in the lead up to the national competition. NT Team members have many opportunities to meet and network with debaters from all over Australia, including participating in social activities.
The NT Team is selected on a trial day where students debate several times in a series of short preparation debates. The team is selected by a panel of experienced debaters, adjudicators and the NT Coach.
The NT contingent comprises 4 student debaters and 1 reserve , 1 adult NT Coach and 1 adult NT adjudicator. Congratulations to the following students who have represented the NT:
- 2017: Jason MacDonald, Eddie Gardiner, Imogen Bowden, Matthew Shaw, Samuel Roussos (reserve)
- 2016: Eddie Gardiner, Chloe Twining, Sage Walle, Nisangi Wijesinghe, Jason Mcdonald (reserve)
- 2015: Beth Hubble, Emily Walker, Eddie Gardiner, Mark Jerusalem, Meika Liveris (reserve)
- 2014: Emily Walker, Mitchell Abram, Miles Elkington, Jacob Koehler, Beth Hubble (reserve)
- 2013: Kaejenn Tchia, Daniel Hamilton, Kenny Lee, Jacob Koehler, Mitchell Abram (reserve)
- 2012: Daniel Hamilton, Kenny Lee, Georgia Barlow
Follow the team on Facebook when they are competing. Search "NT Debating Team" on Facebook.
More information here.