The Northern Territory Debating Union (NTDU) is an affiliate, non-profit organisation of the Australian Debating Federation (ADF). The NTDU is responsible for all debating activities across the Northern Territory. Our goal is to foster a debating culture in schools across the Northern Territory through competitions, workshops, coaching and profesional learning for educators.
The NTDU receives funding from the English Teachers Association of the Northern Territory (ETANT) to pay for administrative costs and expenses of the NT Debating Team. The NTDU would like to acknowledge and thank ETANT for the organisation's long-standing support of debating and public speaking. The NTDU conducts regional debating workshops regularly in remote and regional centres such as Katherine and Alice Springs. These workshops were made possible by the financial support from the ADF through the federal Department of Education and Training.
As a volunteer run, non-profit organisation, the NTDU would like to acknowledge the countless hours of volunteer time from teachers, coaches, adjudicators and executives. The current executive is :
- President: John Oakman email@example.com
- NT Coach: Bruce Cameron firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Therese Schembri email@example.com
Our general contact email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The NTDU would like to thank and acknowledge the outstanding contribution of the following people for their contribution to the organisation:
- Anne Disney - NT Coach, Senior Coordinator 2001 - 2012 ADF Life Member
- Jean Memery - NT Coach and Coordinator 1991 - 2001
- Susan Cameron - NT Coach 1990 and Adjudicator 1990 - current
- John Oakman - NTDU President
- Helen Wilkinson - Debating Coordinator
- Zac Lurje - Debating Coordinator, NT Coach 2014 - 2017