The Ninth Congress of Romanian Mathematicians
June 28 - July 3, 2019, Galați, Romania
The Section of Mathematical Sciences of the Romanian Academy
This meeting is intended to continue an old tradition of holding congresses of Romanian mathematicians and it is largely open to international participation. Eight such congresses were organized in Cluj (1929), Turnu Severin (1932), Bucharest (1945, 1956, and 2007), Pitești (2003), Brașov (2011), and Iași (2015).
The Ninth Congress will be held in Galați from June 28 to July 3, 2019, and will be organized by the Section of Mathematical Sciences of the Romanian Academy, the Romanian Mathematical Society, the Simion Stoilow Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Bucharest, and the "Dunărea de Jos" University of Galați as host institution.
A selection of the proceedings of the congress will be published.
1. Algebra and Number Theory
2. Algebraic, Complex and Differential Geometry and Topology
3. Real and Complex Analysis, Potential Theory
4. Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations, Controlled Differential Systems
5. Functional Analysis, Operator Theory and Operator Algebras, Mathematical Physics
6. Probability, Stochastic Analysis, and Mathematical Statistics
7. Mechanics, Astronomy, Numerical Analysis, and Mathematical Models in Sciences
8. Theoretical Computer Science, Operations Research and Optimization
In order to point out the importance of the connections between Romanian mathematicians and their colleagues from France and other francophone countries, the talks referring to their collaborative work have been gathered in a Francophone Section.