We are incumbent government Chief Information Officers registered with Securities and Exchange Commission to advocate eGovernance with policymakers and stakeholders
National ICT Month 2019 closes with successful National ICT Summit at Novotel
Quezon City (June 30) -- Over 400 delegates trooped last 25-26 June 2019 to Novotel Manila Araneta Center to celebrate National ICT Summit 2019 as the culminating event of June as the annual National ICT Month.
The delegates were composed of government CIOs, ICT managers and executives from national government agencies, LGUs, SUCs, electric cooperatives, and other concerned sectors.
The Summit revolved around the theme “Accelerating Government Digital Transformation” (#SeeICTDifferently) to highlight the urgent need for government to level up its digital transformation journey amidst the increasing digitalization of the global economy.
The event also addressed the local challenges of government data integrity and reliability for mobile services involving payments, passports, civil registries, health, education, elections, and other frontline services. Topics revolved around digital transformation framework, data-driven social services, new and emerging technologies, LGU digital transformation experiences and best practices, and innovative market-place solutions for government digitization.
The success of the event followed in the wake of last year’s NICT Summit in Davao City with no less than President Duterte as keynote speaker.
The event was jointly organized by CIO Forum and CIOF Foundation in close coordination with DICT, which issued on 24 May department circular 2019-001 enjoining government agencies and instrumentalities to participate in the annual month-long observance of June as National ICT Month per presidential proclamation 1521 series of 2008.
Electric Cooperatives send largest delegation to NICT Summit 2019
A total of 124 delegates from electric cooperatives throughout the country comprised the biggest group among some 400 attendees to the 2019 National ICT Summit held 25-26 June at Novotel Manila Araneta Center. This huge attendance was facilitated by the NEA Memorandum to ECs 2019-030 issued by Administrator Edgardo R. Masongsong enjoining participation and attendance in DICT-initiated events celebrating National ICT Month.
DICT streams NICT Summit 2019 video in FB Live
The DICT Information DIvision covered in streaming video the 2019 National ICT Summit via FB platform. Click on the thumbnails to view the recordings.
(Click on the links to download the presentations)
DAY 1: JUNE 25, 2019
- Opening Remarks, by Assistant Secretary B. Elizabeth E. Yap, Department of Public Works and Highways, President, CIOF Inc.
- Digital Transformation: A Government Innovation Imperative, by Mr. Bill Fox, JD, MA, VP, Vertical Strategy Group, CSO Healthcare & Life Sciences, MarkLogic
- Data Governance Framework, by Undersecretary Denis F. Villorente, Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT)
- Data Governance and Management: Toward Digital Transformation, by Mr. Emmanuel C. Lallana, PhD, CEO, IdeaCorp
- Data Integration in the Cloud, by Mr. Jason Hunter, MarkLogic
- What is the best Enterprise Architecture Framework to use within Digital Transformation?, by Mr. Daniel Long, Strategic Alliance Manager, APAC, ORBUS Software
- Power Social Services with Secure, Intelligent & Digital Infra, by Mr. Joel Josol, HPE
- Simplifying Business Complexities through Digital Solutions, by Ms. Joyce Housien, CANON Regional Team
- Next Step After Digitization: Data Explosion, Your Answer in TAPE, by Mr. Takayuki Iwase, Regional Marketing Manager, Recording Media Division, Fujifilm Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd
DAY 2: JUNE 26, 2019
- Welcome Remarks and Introduction of Guest Speaker, by Ms. Lilia C. Guillermo, CIO, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Former President and Current Secretary, CIO Forum Inc.
- Internet of Things, AI and Disruptive Technologies in the Public Sector, by Mr. Kenan Yorucu, Industry Advisor, Digital Transformation Office, CISCO Singapore
- Overview of Panel Discussion on Digital Transformation Experiences and Best Practices, by Ms. Agnes Perpetua R. Legaspi, DTI
- Run and transform your organization to unleash results, by Robert Patterson, Presales Director for APJ and Japan, Micro Focus
- Web GIS Best Practices, by Ma. Celeste D. Dy, Geodata Systems Technologies Inc.
- LGU Digital Transformation Journey, by Mr. Francis Uy, SINAG Solutions
- Blockchain for Rural Digital Solutions, by Ms. Anne Cuisia, Consultant, Office of the President
- Intelligent Transformation and Smart Internet of Things (SIoT) by Mr. Raphael Nikko Almazar, Lenovo
- Mynt/Gcash Payment by Mr. Albert Tinio, Globe Business
- Frontline Services (Agriculture), by Mr. Clint Hassan, Department of Agriculture
- Frontline Services (Community/LGU Services), by Geodata Systems Technologies Inc.
- The Value of Business Intelligence / Analytics and Data Science in Our Lives, by Mr. Doroteo "Derbie" Kaluag Jr., LLOOPP
- Presentation of Track Highlights and Next Steps, by Director Juli Ana E. Sudario, Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT)
2019 CIOF 1st GMM and Conference on March 28 at Crowne Plaza
Exciting surprises, raffle prizes and giveaways await participants
Ten early bird registrants to the 2019 CIOF 1st GMM will be awarded a Romoss power bank each. Raffle prizes include an iPad from Rubrik, a 1TB external drive, and PLDT raffle items to include: 2 American Tourister luggages, 5 anti-theft bags, 4 laptop sleeves, and 5 Klean Kanteens. Exhibitors have prepared gifts for visitors with calling cards. Each CIOF member will take home a 16TB flash drive.
Message from the Organizers
Dear CIO colleague!
March 28 (Thursday) is our 2019 First CIOF General Membership Meeting and Conference at Sapphire B, Crowne Plaza Hotel on Ortigas Center.
As promised, we will have timely and relevant discussions on the role of Enterprise Architecture and Public Financial Management (PFM) towards sustaining the government’s ICT roadmap, especially in the face of both man-made and natural disasters confronting the Philippines. We expect vibrant sharing of experiences and insights on the pilot implementation of PFM flagship project Budget and Treasury Management System (BTMS). And in addition, we will have our customary tech updates from industry partners.
It is also important to note that we are conducting our Conference almost in parallel with the AEA (Association of Enterprise Architects) two-day workshop which opens today at the same venue. In fact, their sponsors are inviting CIOF GMM participants to also visit their booths and drop their calling cards for gifts or raffle prizes.
Not to be outdone, our organizing committee and industry partners will surprise our participants with exciting items, raffle prizes, and giveaways. At stake are an iPad from Rubrik, 16 raffle items worth a total of P50,000 from PLDT, a 1TB external drive, 10 power banks for early birds, and a 16TB flash drive for each CIOF attendee.
As always, we thank you for your support to our CIOF events, and we thank our industry partners for helping us through the years.
Finance officers from BTMS pilot agencies are invited
CIOF members from the BTMS pilot agencies (DPWH, DEPED, and BTr) are encouraged to bring along their finance or budget officers to the conference, free of registration fee, and register online HERE.
CIOF BOT Election
CIOF members should update their dues (minimum 2 payments from 2017-2019) to qualify for nomination.
CIOF Board of Trustees Election
CIOF Mobile Android App
- Open your android browser and download APK from site: https://www.appcreator24.com/app564820
Open APK and install; when prompted, click on “Accept”
Our CIOF Goal for 2019
Message from the CIOF President:
Greetings from the CIOF Board of Trustees!
We embrace 2019 with a more passionate commitment to work closely with DICT and with our partner organization CIOF Foundation, our industry partners, and other stakeholders to help accelerate the digital transformation process in government.
This is imperative if our country must keep pace with global developments and still secure a decent future for our people as articulated in Ambisyon Natin 2040 and its promise of a comfortable life for our citizens.
It is vital for us incumbent government CIOs to mobilize ourselves under the auspices of the CIO Council envisioned by Republic Act No. 10844 of 2016. To this end, CIOF will work closely with the DICT Secretary for the immediate activation of the CIO Council and the sectoral and industry task forces likewise mandated by by R.A. 10844.
We expect our government CIOs to be more active not only with CIOF but with their agency ICT initiatives in close coordination with DICT’s programs and thrusts, the better for us to achieve more synergy. For instance, as DBM rolls out the Budget and Treasury Management System (BTMS) throughout the bureaucracy within six months, the active support of CIOs will help BTMS’ smooth integration into government operations.
For 2019, we hope to institutionalize active sharing by CIOF members of agency best ICT practices during our quarterly general membership meetings and the National ICT Summit in June 2019.
See you in our GMMs and special CIOF events!
LILIA C. GUILLERMO
DBM Undersecretary and CIOF President
Year-Round Themes and Events
2019 Overall Theme: "Strengthening Government Data Platforms and Services"
- March Theme: "Public Finance Management for eGovernance"
- June NICT Summit Theme: "Accelerating Government Digital Transformation"
- September Theme: "Institutionalizing Secure Government Online Services"
- December Theme: "Closer Look at eGMP Progress"
Download the NICT Summit 2019 report as PDF.