Arriving in Lisbon
Lisbon’s International Airport is well known for its location quite near the city centre. Participants can now use the subway line and the journey downtown will take less than 40 minutes. The subway/bus ticket is valid for the whole network. Participants can always use either the Aerobus or the taxi services.
Travelling to Lisbon and accommodation facilities
Air travel to Lisbon is easy. The city is well connected to all European capitals and to North and South America (either directly with the Portuguese airline, either with one of its partners within Star Alliance). Travelling from Asia, Oceania and Africa is of course possible through the main hubs (London, Paris, Madrid, Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Dubai).
Accommodation in Lisbon is not expensive as compared to other European cities. Hotels’ value for money is higher than in most major capitals. In October it is possible to book online a double room in a 3* or 4* hotel for about €120/night, including breakfast and taxes.
Participants will find bellow a list of accommodation facilities which are within easy reach of the subway line that serves the symposium venue, located in the Universidade de Lisboa campus (refer to the subway network system in the “venue” page). Please visit the hotels' official website.
Hotels nearby the “yellow line” (direct line to the university campus):
- Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa (*****) — Rua Latino Coelho, 1.
- Evolution Lisboa Hotel (****) — Praça do Duque de Saldanha, 4.
- Jupiter Lisboa Hotel (****) — Av. da Republica, 46.
- Hotel 3K Europa Lisboa (****) — Av. da Republica, 93.
- Hotel NH Lisboa Campo Grande (****) — Campo Grande, 7 (located at walking distance from the symposium venue)
- Hotel White Lisboa (***) — Av. da Republica, 9.
Hotels nearby Marquês de Pombal station (intersection between the “yellow line” and the “blue line”):
- Sana Lisboa Hotel (****) — Av. Fontes Pereira de Melo, 8.
- Turim Marquês Hotel (****) — Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 26
Hotels nearby the “blue line” (direct access to Lisbon's downtown centre and Baixa-Chiado):
- Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade (*****) — Avenida da Liberdade, 127.
- NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade (****) — Avenida da Liberdade, 180-B.
- Bessa Hotel Liberdade (****) — Avenida da Liberdade, 29.
- Rossio Garden Hotel (***) — Rua Jardim do Regedor, 24.
We look forward to welcoming you to Lisbon in October 2017.