To have a custom page for your location contact me, Joe Ulowetz, CBA-Illinois, and provide the following:
- The name you want to appear for your page here, such as observatory or CBA name
- Your longitude, latitude and elevation (meters); I need this to calculate the rise/set times but this info will not appear on the report.
- Time zone difference from GMT for the times to be displayed in; use zero if you want all times in GMT.
- I haven't figured out what to do about Daylight Savings Time. For now, if it matters to you, contact me twice a year to have me change the GMT offset for you.
- Occasionally you may see a report stating that coordinates are missing from a star so I am unable to calculate the rise/set times. I'm trying to make the process automatic for looking up star coordinates but that is still a work in progress. If you happen to know the coordinates for a star and it is important to you, send them to me and I will add them to my system.
If you are interested, the rise/set times are calculated using the library PyEphem. I am using the Astroquery library for Simbad to attempt to look up star coordinates when new stars are added to my system. I'd rather use VSX but I haven't found a way to script an automated query to it yet.
As far as I can tell, the calculated rise/set times are correct at least for me; if you find a problem with something then please let me know.