Anita-Alta camp was donated to NCSU in 1973 by the Luther Robinson family of the Mulberry Community after both of their daughters, Alta and Anita, had passed away from polio that they were stricken with in 1953. The campground consists of 375 acres which joins the Boone's Fork Park area consisting of 43,380 acres owned by the United States Forest Service. This area is part of the Pisgah National Forest under the supervision of the Grandfather District. Anita-Alta was used as a 4H Outpost Camp from 1873-2008. During that time it just never could make a profit. NCSU made the decision to close the camp permanently in September 2008. The appearance of the camp had grown worse over the years from lack of use and neglect.
The Blue Ridge Horseman's Association was formed in 1996.
The BRHA is organized for the purpose of supporting, assisting, and promoting