Experienced researcher with a demonstrated history of working in top research institute. Electrical and material science engineer with a skill set in fabrication, nanoarchitectonics, process and application improvement, data analysis, and nanomaterial science engineering. Interested in solid-state devices R&D for detectors, optical sensors, memory, and multifunctional device development.
JSPS Research Fellow, Quantum Device Engineering Group,
International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics (MANA),
National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS),
1-1 Namiki Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0044, JAPAN,
Department of Physics,
School of Advanced Sciences (SAS), VIT University,
Vellore - 632014, Tamil Nadu, India.
- An experimentalist, 8+ years (including Ph.D.) experience in Nanomaterials & two-dimensional (2D) Nanocrystals (fabrication and characterizations) and new application developments.
- A semiconductor physicist and device engineer with almost 6+ years of hands-on experience of clean-room nanodevice fabrication and characterization. Hands-on experience in laboratory instrumentation and measurement techniques (Opto-electronics, energy conversion, sensors). Extensive Experience in nanofabrication, device processing, and characterization techniques.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, published manuscript in high impact international peer-reviewed journals, presented research work on many conferences, meetings. (APPENDIX)
- Excellent leadership & management skills, raising independent project funding including project design, planning and execution, managed cutting-edge R&D projects.
- Taught, trained and guided undergraduate, master degree & Ph.D. students to inspire them the importance of cutting edge research.
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
Experimental Solid State Physics; Nanoscience & Nanotechnology
Nanoscience & technology | Material Science | Physics | Optoelectronics | Energy Conversion | Sensor
R & D | Scientific & Technical Consultancy | Project Management | Application Development
Year of Birth: 1987
Gender & Marital Status: Male & Married
Languages Known: English, Hindi & Bengali
National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), JAPAN :: JSPS Fellow :: Nov. 2017 – Present
- Interlayer Transition and Infrared Photodetection in MoTe2/ReS2 p-n van der Heterostructures
- CMOS Technology Compatible Vertical p-Si/n-ReS2 Efficient Near-Infrared Photodiode
- Floating-Gate (FG) Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Devices Based on 2D Heterostructures of Layered Chalcogenides Materials
Role description: Principal investigator of the projects. Designed & completed the projects independently and wrote the manuscript.
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay :: Institute Post-Doctoral Fellow :: Sep. 2015 – April 2017
- Few Layer ReS2 Plasmonic Phototransistor with High-Performance Optoelectronics
- Reversible hysteresis inversion in MoS2 field effect transistors
- Control of Two-dimensional Excitonic Light Emission via Periodic Structures and Applied Field
Role description: Independent institute researcher. Wrote manuscript as corresponding author.
The George Washington University, USA :: Post-Doctoral Scientist :: Mar. 2014 – Aug. 2015
- Plasmonic Gold Arrays on Monolayer MoS2 with Refractive Index Sensing
- Optical Properties and Extraction of Complex Electrical Permittivity of Monolayer MoS2
- Enhancing Optical Absorption and Scattering of Monolayer MoS2 with Plasmonic Au NPs.
National University of Singapore (NUS) :: Ph.D. Project :: Aug. 2009 - July 2013
- Nanobelts with Different Surface Morphologies for High-gain Photoconductivity
- Photocurrent Characteristics & Transport Mechanism of Individual Nanowire, Nanobelt devices.
- Laser Micropatterning of Nanostructures with Controlled Optoelectrical Properties for Sensors
- Photodetectors nanodevices Based on Individual Single-Crystalline GeSe Nanosheet