DR Aisling Tierney
Past projects include:
- Project managing Bristol Futures optional units: credit-bearing, large-scale, blended-learning, innovative pedagogy. Over 200 staff, students, local and international collaborations resulted in units designed for students from any disciplinary background.
- Lead educator Sustainable Futures open online course. Working with a chemist and an engineer, I brought my pedagogy and art-backgrounds to play in this dynamic and popular four-week course. Recognised in 2019 with a national Green Gown Award.
My archaeological fieldwork takes me to southern Albania, to investigate the environs of Nivica, a village in the mountains of the Kurvelesh. The project aims to survey extant archaeological ruins, survey the local landscape and foster relationships with the local community to invite participatory research practice. Here, I work in partnership with the Albanian Institute of Archaeology & the Cultural Heritage Institute at the Royal Agricultural University. The project embraces the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and integrates research into Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- PhD (Bristol) The Hell-Fire Clubs of the Eighteenth Century
- Fellow AdvanceHE (Higher Education Academy)
- MA (Bristol) Maritime Archaeology & History
- BA Hons (Trinity College Dublin), Ancient History & Archaeology, History of Art & Architecture
- PADI Advance Diver