Allison N. Miller
I'm a low-dimensional topologist researching questions related to knot concordance and 4-manifold topology.
I received my PhD in May 2018 from the University of Texas at Austin, where my advisor was Cameron Gordon. During my PhD, I spent four months at the Hausdorff Institute in Bonn, Germany participating in the Knot Concordance and 4-manifolds group of the Junior Trimester in Topology in fall 2016.
I now have an abundance of titles at Rice University: G.C. Evans Instructor in Mathematics, Junior Fellow of the Rice Academy of Fellows, and NSF Postdoctoral Fellow with scientific mentor Shelly Harvey.
Upcoming/ recent travel:
- University of Oregon Topology Seminar, February 2020.
- Georgia Tech Topology/ Geometry Seminar, March 2020.
- Boston College Topology/ Geometry Seminar, March 2020.
- Harvard Gauge-Topology-Symplectic Seminar, March 2020.
- Eastern Illinois Integrated Conference in Geometry, Dynamics, and Topology, March 2020.
- Indiana University Topology Seminar, April 2020.
- AMS Central Sectional Meeting at Purdue University, April 2020.
- BIRS-CMO workshop on Using Quantum Invariants to do Interesting Topology, Oaxaca, Mexico, April 2020.