Preventive Care for Elderly
Senior Care Tips By A1 Senior Care
8 tips for preventive activities for the elderly
Many municipalities or districts offer activities for elderly living at home to grow old and promote independent functioning. But not all groups of elderly people take part in such activities. How do you reach them?
A1 Senior Care
Reach older people with preventive activities
In the factsheet you will find promising elements to better reach a number of elderly groups with preventive activities. Such as older people with low socio-economic status (SES), with a small social network and older migrants with a non-western background are more difficult to achieve for this type of activity.
Recommendations to optimize preventive activities
The researchers come up with 8 recommendations for professionals and municipalities to optimize preventive activities.
1. Work together in signaling and referral
Apply an integrated approach and work together with primary care providers, social neighborhood teams, welfare organizations, municipalities, volunteers and informal carers in identifying and referring the elderly.
2. Approach the elderly personally and in different ways
An appropriate approach can be required for every older difference and sometimes several strategies. For one person, a formal approach (for example via a local authority or a general practitioner) and for the other an approach through an informal approach (key person, church). An experiential approach can be helpful to get in conversation with an older person.
3. Use key persons
Key persons are crucial to reach the target group because of the many contacts they have with residents in a neighborhood. They often also speak the language of the target group and come from the same culture. Make sure you know the key people in a neighborhood and work with them to get in touch with the elderly.
4. Ensure good accessibility
A central location in the district or transport from door-to-door lowers the threshold to take part in preventive activities. The municipality can play a facilitating role by making funds available for this.
5. Take the time to gain confidence
Creating a relationship of trust with these elderly people is a prerequisite for being able to discuss their needs. Take a lot of time for that, because the needs are often complex and these older people can put this into words. Discuss the expectations together and match the pace of the older person.
6. Create a moment in which it is all about being together
Right and social gathering is a motivation for older people to take part in preventive activities. Elderly people are most looking forward to this, so make sure there is ample opportunity for this by, for example, planning a joint coffee moment. Moreover, this contributes to solidarity between older people.
7. Develop (culture) sensitive communication skills
Use the tools and training available for developing (culture) sensitive communication skills. These skills help to make sensitive topics negotiable and build a relationship of trust.
8. Share your knowledge and experience
As an experienced professional, share the necessary knowledge and skills for working with these groups of elderly people with new professionals and volunteers. This can be done through education, guiding students during a practical internship, intervision meetings with volunteers and working in new employees.
Contact Us -
A1 Senior Care Portland OR
3348 Gateway Road,
Portland, OR – 97205
Our Sponsored Websites -
- Checkout www.charlottemedicalclinic.net for medical help and support near by you in Charlotte city.
- TLC Raleigh is the official website of the Lord's Church in Raleigh, NC.
- If you are a sports freak and have interest in hockey then GreensboroHockey.com is the best platform for you.
- Music is life and residents of Fayetteville can relive their musical interest through www.fayettevillelivemusicscene.com
- Visit oregonmediaservices.com for all recent updates and news from Oregon state
- www.oregonteacherscontinuingeducation.com is the best platform for students, teachers and parents to get information about best collages, universities, skill improvement and education pattern.
- For all internet related information and updates you can visit PortlandInternetCo.com
- If you want to promote your business in Gresham city, you can easily do it with www.TheGreshamFlyers.com
External Links -
Home Health Care Portland OR
Caregiver Salem OR
Home Care Services Salem OR
Senior Citizen Homes Salem OR
Elderly Care Salem OR
Home Health Care Salem OR
Caregiver Eugene OR
Home Care Services Eugene OR
Senior Citizen Homes Eugene OR
Elderly Care Eugene OR
Home Health Care Eugene OR
Caregiver Gresham OR
Home Care Services Gresham OR
Senior Citizen Homes Gresham OR
Elderly Care Gresham OR
Home Health Care Gresham OR
Caregiver Hillsboro OR
Home Care Services Hillsboro OR
Senior Citizen Homes Hillsboro OR
Elderly Care Hillsboro OR
Home Health Care Hillsboro OR