Welcome to 2 International Symposium on Jackals and Related Species !
Marathon Bay, Attica Greece
31st of October - 2nd of November 2018
Opening ceremony & Introduction
by Anastasios Legakis & Giorgos Giannatos
Confirmed Keynote talks (2IJS provisional educational platform) by Patricia D Moehlman (Tanzania), Giorgos Giannatos (Greece) Yadvendradev V Jhala (India), Claudio Sillero-Zubiri (UK), Matt Hayward (Australia), Nikolai Spassov (Bulgaria), Suvi Viranta (Finland), Wieslaw Bogdanowicz (Poland), Călin M Gherman (Romania), Duško Ćirović (Serbia), Miha Krofel (Slovenia), Stanley D. Gehrt (USA), József Lanszki (Hungary), Stoyan Stoyanov (Bulgaria)
Spotlight on African Wolf, Ethiopian Wolf, Coyote: Updates on Key lectures
New topic in jackal conservation and management: hunting, legal issues
Addressing Data Gaps: Review on jackal top-bottom and bottom up prey preferences factors with presence or absence of apex predators, legislation, IUCN golden jackal category NT on EU level (2007)
GOJAGE: Results from the First Eight Years Activity
Upcoming jackals conservation biology and applied ecology Projects
Closing remarks, evaluation
Social dinner & excursion to National Park of Schinias Marathon included for registered participants
Help us spread the word! Get Symposium link.
SPONSORS & SUPPORT
Interested in sponsoring this event?
Please contact 2IJS Organization Board organization2ijs(at)goldenjackal.eu and fill the Sponsor Registration Form before 30th of June 2018.
According to Sponsor category (HERE) you will benefit by a link button on this site, a "Thank you" hyperlink button on all Symposium flyers and written documents, name recognition on Book of Abstracts and Symposium banners.
We expect 130-150 jackal ecology related academic and non-academic participants.
- 24 of November 2017 Official Call for abstracts 2IJS, Registration and Abstract submission opened (here)
- 6 of December 2017 2IJS Provisional Agenda available
- 18 of December 2017 2IJS Provisional Agenda (UPDATED) + IUCN CSG
- 20 May 2018, ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE (CET 23:59H)
- 17 June 2018, ABSTRACT SUBMISSION LAST CALL DEADLINE (CET 23:59)
- 26 June 2018, PUBLICATION OF APPROVED ABSTRACTS
- 5 AUGUST 2018, END OF ABSTRACTS REVISIONS by SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
- 30 of September 2018, Sponsors and support organizations Contact DEADLINE
- 22 of October 2018, Late Registration, END of PRE-REGISTRATION
- 22-31 of October, Registration OPENED 100 EUR (St) - 190 EUR (Non-St)
- 30 of October 2018, Organization Board meeting
Please Contact: 2ijs(at)goldenjackal.eu
2IJS Organization Board
Sponsor Category (Benefits Click On):
- Platinum Sponsor 5000 EUR (Ethiopian wolf)
- Host Sponsor (Golden Jackal)
- Gold Sponsor 2500 EUR (Side-striped jackal)
- Silver Sponsor 1500 EUR (Black-backed jackal)
- Bronze Sponsor 500 EUR (African wolf)
- Contributor (Coyote) agreement on benefits