ASA Conference Programme
Click on the image below to download the Conference Program PDF
Schedule at a glance...
Thursday, April 26th
Afternoon: Tour of Royal Alberta Museum Acheson Warehouse
6:00pm Meet and Greet and Registration (The Provincial Kitchen and Bar)
Friday, April 27th
8:30am start: Submitted Speakers; Poster Session (The Lodge Snow Valley)
6pm doors: Todd Kristensen (TELUS Centre)
Social Evening to follow (Devaney's on Campus)
Saturday, April 28th
8:30am start: Invited Speakers Edmonton from Time Immemorial; Poster Session (The Lodge Snow Valley)
- Elder Jerry Saddleback (Samson Cree Nation)
- Chris Jass (Royal Alberta Museum), the end of the Ice Age in Edmonton
- Caroline Hudecek-Cuffe (Archaeoloical Survey of Alberta) & Kristine Fedyniuk "The Rabbit Hill Site: Archaeological evidence for Continuity in Precontact Occupation of the Edmonton Area"
- Alwynne Beaudoin (Royal Alberta Museum), "Edmonton Now and Then: An Environmental History of Central Alberta"
- Gerry Oetelaar (University of Calgary), "The Strathcona Site and Archaeology in Alberta: A Personal Retrospective"
- Corey Cookson, Brittany Romano & Alexandra Burchill, "Glimpse at Lifeways through the Seasons in the Edmonton Area during the 1600-1800s"
- Nathalie Kermoal (University of Alberta), Metis history in the Edmonton area
- Chief Calvin Bruneau (Papaschase First Nation), Papaschase First Nation's experience with archaeology in Edmonton
4:00-5:00pm: ASA AGM (The Lodge Snow Valley) - Flintknapping, atlatl & other demos outside
6:00pm doors: Banquet and Keynote Speaker Nancy Saxberg (The Lodge Snow Valley)
Sunday, April 29th
10:00am Field Trip: Strathcona Site (Strathcona Science Park)