Applicant asked you to be a Reference?
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this recommendation form for the STEM applicant. Click on the button below!
Still have Questions?
Join the teachers of Berthoud on November 13th, 2019 for an informational night on the STEM program and AP classes!
Ready to Apply?
Continue scrolling below to see the checklist for applying to Berthoud's STEM Program.
The deadline for application for the 2020-2021 school year will be December 10th, 2019.
Check List for Applying to the Berthoud High School STEM Program
1. Explore the website.
Look to see if the STEM Program is something you are really interested in and willing to put in the work for. The most successful students in the programs are the ones with interest and passion in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math or the curiosity to explore one of the areas more!
Please pay close attention to the Course Requirements as these will be required classes in your 4 years at Berthoud High School and we want you to have an accurate idea of the program expectations.
2. Prepare for the application.
The application is a Google Form where you will not be able to advanced to the next section without completing all the required answers on that page. So, when you sit down to fill out the application, make sure you know all of the following:
- Your current contact information including address
- Contact information for 2 parents or guardians
- School information on yourself, like your GPA and 3 areas of possible career interest
- A brief statement ( <500 words) about your personal goals for your participation in the STEM program and your areas of interest
- It is recommended you type this statement on a separate word document and copy and paste it in so in case anything happens you have another copy.
- Contact information (email) for 2 possible references (teacher, mentor, coach, etc.)
- Make sure you email or ask these references for permission before you list them in the application.
3. Fill out the application.
Click on the button at the bottom of this page to fill out the STEM Application for the 2020-2021 School Year.
4. Inform your references.
Inform your references of your successful application and direct them to this page for them to fill out their part of the application. They need to follow the button labeled "Future STEM Student Recommendation Form" located at the top or bottom of this page.
5. Only for Out-of-BHS Attendance Area Applicants:
If you reside outside of the Berthoud High School attendance area: Open enrollment forms are due the day before winter break. Please pursue the information for the Thompson School District Documents for School of Choice Open Enrollment Information at their website. Please keep in mind the deadline for open enrollment is in early March.
You've officially applied for the STEM Program at Berthoud High School. We look forward to reading your application and plan to have acceptance notification by the end of December. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.