Elementary/MS Counselor: Megan Roberson (email@example.com)
MS/HS Counselor: Ellen Hilliard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WSFCS/PSOS College Fair is September 30th from 5-8PM at the Benton Convention Center (301 W 5th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101).
- Guilford County Schools College Fair is October 1st from 5-8pm at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex (1921 W Gate City Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27403)
*Crosby Scholars: You can fulfill your college fair/college visit requirement by attending one of these fairs.*
SAT Dates and Registration
Oct. 5, 2019
Nov. 2, 2019
Dec. 7, 2019
Mar. 14, 2020
May 2, 2020
June 6, 2020
Sept. 6, 2019
Oct. 3, 2019
Nov. 8, 2019
Feb. 14, 2020
April 3, 2020
May 8, 2020
Late Reg (*fee)
If you are registering after the deadline, you still have time to submit a registration - but you must pay a late fee. Late registrations made by mail have a different deadline from those made by phone or online. For more information on late registration deadlines click here.
ACT Dates and Registration
Sept. 14, 2019
Oct. 26, 2019
Dec. 14, 2019
Feb. 8, 2020
April 4, 2020
June 13, 2020
July 18, 2020
Aug. 16, 2019
Sept. 20, 2019
Nov. 8, 2019
Jan. 10, 2020
Feb. 28, 2020
May 8, 2020
June 19, 2020
Late Reg (*fee)
Aug. 17-30, 2019
Sept. 21 - Oct. 4, 2019
Nov. 9 - Nov. 22, 2019
Jan. 11 - Jan. 17, 2020
Feb. 29 - Mar. 13, 2020
May 9 - May 22, 2020
June 20 - June 26, 2020
Forsyth Tech Dual Enrollment
The NCLA is in partnership with FTCC, through College and Career Promise (CCP), to offer dual enrollment courses. Juniors and seniors who qualify through GPA (3.0 weighted or higher) and Accuplacer testing are eligible to take courses at FTCC that will count for both high school and college credit. Courses are pre-selected and offered at the Swisher center in Kernersville for our students.
Beginning with Fall 2020, new rules are in place to include the following: Students can qualify for courses at FTCC with a 2.8 GPA and no placement test. However, the NCLA reserves the right to limit the course selections for students to courses that are electives and not essential for meeting graduation requirements.
Important things to keep in mind if you choose to take FTCC dual enrollment courses:
- You will need to purchase your own books and parking permit. There are also student fees that you must pay. The tuition is free.
- Only you will know your academic progress throughout the semester. Parents will not be able to communicate with the professors regarding student progress or late assignments. The NCLA will receive a final grade for each student only!
- Students can, but should not, drop a course at FTCC on their own without notifying Ms. Hilliard first. The proper procedure for dropping or adding a course is to come see Ms. Hilliard first and then The NCLA will communicate that with FTCC. The NCLA can not be held responsible when students do not show up for classes at FTCC or when they choose to drop without letting us know.
- These grades will be a part of your permanent academic record both on your high school transcript as well as your college transcript.
- FTCC and The NCLA do not share the same calendar. Here is a link to their academic calendar.
- You are responsible for paying your fees on time to FTCC or you will be dropped from the class. Keep a close eye on all dates.
- As soon as you test, you must bring a copy of your test scores to Ms. Hilliard. Without test scores, you will not be registered for classes.
- You must turn in all completed application forms to Ms. Hilliard. She will submit them as a group to FTCC.
- The following is a list of classes that we typically request from FTCC and the number of college credits they earn upon successful completion. Not all classes will be offered every semester. Ms. Hilliard will work with each student individually to make sure the appropriate FTCC courses are selected for their needs. If we do not have enough NCLA students request a class, there is a good chance the class will not "make" and none of our students will be able to take it.
COM 231 Public Speaking (3 SHC)
ART 111 Art Appreciation (3 SHC)
HIS 111 World Civilizations I (3 SHC)
HIS 112 World Civilizations II (3 SHC)
PSY 150 General Psychology (3 SHC)
SOC 210 Introduction to Sociology (3 SHC)
MAT 171 Precalculus Algebra (4 SHC)
MAT 172 Pre-calculus Trigonometry (4 SHC)
MAT 271 Calculus I (4 SHC)
MAT 152 Statistical Methods I (4 SHC)
HIS 131 American History I 131 (3 SHC)
HIS 132 American History II 132 (3 SHC)
Schedule your test:
- Grady Swisher Center (Appointment only: 336.734.7903) Kernersville campus (NO TESTING CARD REQUIRED)
- Allman Center, Room 133 (1st Floor), Main Campus 336.734.7324 - must have a testing card from Ed Partnership before you show up!
For Fall 2019, the following courses are being offered:
- HIS 111 - T,R
- HIS 131 - T,R
- ART 111 - M,W,F
- MAT 171 - M,W,F
- MAT 152 - M,W,F
- PSY 150 - T,R
- GEO 111 - M,W,F
For Spring 2020, the following courses will be offered:
- HIS 112 - T,R
- COM 231 - M, W, F
- MAT 172 - M,W, F
- MAT 271 - M,W,F
- SOC 210 - T, R
The NCLA reserves the right to not allow students to participate in dual enrollment based on school attendance, disciplinary issues, and/or grades.