Android Weather Radio
Weather Radio and EAS Alert Reader that uses rtl_fm to demodulate
FM from a supported rtl_sdr device and multimon-ng to decode EAS
Messages. This will only work in the United States and Canada.
- A supported rtl_sdr device, see (http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr)
- Android device that supports USB OTG
- root access
- busybox installed
- Listen to weather radio in the US/Canada.
- Decode EAS Alerts US/Canada
- Selectable Pre-defined Frequencies
- Alert Notifications
- Widget to display alerts
- Option to unmute audio when alert received
- FIPS and CLC Location Code Databases
- Event Code Database
- No internet connection required
Source code: https://github.com/kconger/org.thecongers.sdrweather
Setup a working Android Studio and ndk environment, then..
- Run ndk-build inside the jni folder
- Then build the project in Android Studio
rtl_fm from rtl-sdr