Where To Watch AFTGU
America From the Ground Up - Season Two "New Spain" (2018)
Where to Watch Season Two
Currently, you can watch all six episodes of Season Two of AFTGU on demand at the PBS website. Follow this link here for more information!
You can also contact your local PBS station for future broadcast dates and times, or even ask them to consider airing the series if they haven't already!
Season Two Episode List
- Episode One: The Ancestors
- Join Monty as he sets out to explore the ways that America’s Native peoples used and altered the landscape. From the earliest mound builders in Louisiana and Texas to the massive Pueblo towns and cities of New Mexico and Arizona, Monty digs into the archaeological story of The Ancestors.
- Episode Two: New Spain
- From the conquistador's quest for mythical cities of gold to the Pueblo Revolt that almost ended their American experiment, to the Spanish missions and presidios of Texas and the Southwest, Monty is on an expedition to uncover the archaeological history of Spanish Colonial America.
- Episode Three: Worlds Collide
- As the Spanish Empire collapsed around the globe, her old European rivals and an upstart America begin to tear away Spanish lands in America. Join Monty for the expedition to uncover the archaeological story of the fight for a continent.
- Episode Four: Paradise Lost
- Paradise Lost explores the origins of slavery on the Iberian Peninsula and its evolution in the New World. Monty visits sugar plantations in Louisiana and Texas where archaeologists are learning about how the enslaved people lived and worked there.
- Episode Five: An Un-Civil War
- Join Monty on the archaeological expedition to uncover the real history of the Civil War in the trans-Mississippi West. From the fierce border war between Missouri and Kansas to the massive battle at Wilson’s Creek and the role of Black troops in the Union Army, we uncover the bloody truth of America’s Un-Civil War.
- Episode Six: Go West
- Go West explores the stories of the diverse peoples who settled in the American West. From intrepid Black Spanish explorers and conquistadores, to the Governor of Alta California, to the Buffalo Soldiers who fought to enforce America’s reservation policy on the Native Peoples of the West, Go West explores the archaeological history of immigration and migration.
America From the Ground Up - Season One "New France" (2014)
Where to Watch Season One
Currently, you can watch all six episodes of Season One of AFTGU on demand at the PBS website. Follow this link here for more information!
Or you can watch each episode below!
Episode 1: America's Lost Civilization
Dig into the archaeology of Cahokia, a Native American city of 30,000 people and the spiritual heart of a civilization that stretched from the Great Lakes to the Gulf of Mexico.
Episode 2: The Fur Trade
Join Monty on an expedition to discover the archaeology of the Fur Trade. From Quebec to the Great Lakes the archaeology of the forts and settlements of the frontier record the story.
Episode 3: World War America
Join Monty as he digs into the archaeology of the forts along the contended border zone between Colonial America and New France that tell the story of the French and Indian War from the ground up.
Episode 4: Revolution
From the siege of Quebec to exploring shipwrecks from Benedict Arnold’s defeat on Lake Champlain to the forts of the Great Lakes: Monty digs into the archaeology of America’s War for Independence.
Episode 5: The Science of Archaeology
Above the ground with satellites and helicopters and below the surface with geophys and underwater sonar mapping, Monty digs into the science behind archaeological discoveries.
Episode 6: War of 1812
Monty digs into the archaeology of the shipwrecks and forts that tell the secret history of America's second war for independence: the War of 1812.