319 CP/320H Concert Band
Credit: 1 credit/DeLaSalle/Honors weight
Description: Selection for the DeLaSalle or Honors level is based upon audition, prior performance, and director consent. Students will rehearse and perform traditional concert band music. Students should be able to read music notation and perform on flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, trumpet, French horn, trombone, baritone, tuba, or percussion. Students of Concert Band perform in school concerts, festivals, and home basketball games as part of the Pep Band. One contest/festival is also scheduled which provide an opportunity for the band to be evaluated by objective professional experts. Performances occur outside of the school day and attendance is expected.
PREREQUISITE: Audition and consent of the instructor.
- iPad, with a Metronome and Tuner app
- SmartMusic subscription
- Saxophones and clarinets – a minimum of three working reeds at all times
- Brass instruments - valve oil, slide grease
- Percussionists – Vic Firth SD1 sticks or equivalent
- Guitarists and bassists – two working patch cables