Your South King and Pierce county recreational and select soccer league
South Sound United League (SSUL) is comprised of 7 associations in South King and Pierce counties. Its mission is to provide local, like-versus-like competition at an affordable price for recreational and select teams.
The SSUL is for teams Under-10 through Under-19. Teams are placed based on competitive ability and past league experience. SSUL features flexibility in scheduling and professional league administration, including Affinity Sports league software.
The Associations will guide the league through representatives to the SSUL Board, in charge of operations, league discipline, and setting the rules for league play. The SSUL is sanctioned by Washington Youth Soccer.
Spring SSUL (1/8/2018)
We will be having a spring season for U10 through U18. Recreational and select teams are welcome! Here are some important things to know about the season.
- 8 game season for all levels
- First league games will be April 14th or 15th with a bye on May 26th
- Roster sizes and number of players on the field will be the standard sizes
- At the U16 – U18 we have teams to be combined age groups (i.e. like your high school teams)
- U10 – U14 play on Saturdays, U15 and above on Sunday
- Registration opens on February 15th and closes on March 15th
- Reach out to your club or association Registrar to register for league play
- Association and club registrars will be responsible for registering teams in Affinity
New League Management (1/8/2018)
We are very excited to let you know that the member association and club leadership has made the decision to make the SSUL an independent league. The first step is already in motion with us creating a non-profit organization that is 100% focused on the SSUL. League registration, schedules, and operations will be managed by this new organization.
The league administration will be similar to the past. Each association represents their teams in the league. The seven members, one representative from each association (see below), would provide the operating mechanism for the league. If you would like to get involved please reach out to your association representative or email@example.com.
We understand that challenge and the opportunities that change can bring. The league intends to operate and expand the opportunities for playing soccer in our local and regional area.
This is a good step for our members and we welcome your questions. This group has the full support of the Washington Youth Soccer Staff. Thank you for your support to your team, club, and association as we transform your youth soccer league.