Thursday, March 21st—Day 2
12:00 PM College Visit—Ursinus College—Guidance
Friday, March 22nd—Day 3
Monday, March 25th—Day 4
Tuesday, March 26th —Day 5
National Spanish Exam
Wednesday, March 27th—Day 6
Thursday, March 28th—Day 1
8:00 AM College Visit—Binghamton University—Guidance Office
1:30 PM College Visit—Penn State University—Auditorium
6:30 PM Cougars Got Talent Final Round--Auditorium
Friday, March 29th—Day 2
1:40 PM SSDM Pep Rally
6:00 PM Steve Stefani Dance Marathon
Student Services Reminders
Attendance notification may be completed in either of the following two ways:
- An e-mail to the attendance office at firstname.lastname@example.org, which will also fulfill the written notice requirement for an excused absence. The e-mail must include the date of absence, child’s name, grade, the reason for the absence and the parent/guardian name reporting the absence and phone number.
- A phone call to the school attendance hotline (610) 938-6110. The message should include the student name, grade, date, the name of the parent/guardian calling, a phone number, and the reason for the absence. A call must be followed-up with a written excuse note or email within three days. If a written excuse is not submitted within this time period, the absence automatically becomes unexcused.
- Extended Absence/Vacation Request/Approval Forms must be picked up in the Student Services Office at least 10 days prior to the first day of the requested absence
Late Arrivals and Early Dismissals
- Written notes are required for all late arrivals and early dismissals. Late arrivals and early dismissals remain unexcused until a note is received. If the late arrival or early dismissal is due to a medical or dental appointment, additional documentation from the medical office must be provided to be excused. The appointment verification can be faxed to 610-938-6105 or dropped off to the Student Services Office. Early dismissal notes must include how the student is getting home.
- Excuse for Absence and Late Arrival/Early Dismissal Cards can be picked up in the Student Services Office, Room 120.
Additional information and updated attendance polices can be found in the student handbook and on the district website www.ssdcougars.org
Cap and Gown orders can be placed
with our vendor Student Services Company
through the following website:
Please have your height and weight available when ordering
Order before February 15th to avoid late fees
Help support Post Prom by renting your tuxedo from Saget's
The Post Prom Committee will receive $5.00 for each rental for an SHS prom
Please bring the attached flyer with $50 coupon
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 4:00 in the LMC
NHS tutors are available to help with your assignments
will be meeting on Wednesdays after school
in Mr Ash’s room (143)
Scrivener yearbook meetings will be held
In Dr. Brett's Room--279
starting at 2:35
GSA Meets in Room 144
Thursdays from 3:00-400
Everyone is Welcome!!
Anyone interested in joining Chess Club
See Mr. Lee in room 116
The SHS Lost and Found is located in the Student Services Office
Please be sure to check for any missing items
All items left at the end of the school year will be donated
The PRIDE classes will be collecting the following items for the Providence Animal Shelter for our Pay it Forward Project.
Please drop off in either room 283 or 253
Sheets – full, fitted, pillow cases
Lysol or disinfectant wipes
Dry dog or cat food
Canned dog or cat food
Soft dog treat (like Pup-Peroni)
Freeze-dried dog treats
2-sided scrubbing sponges
Antibacterial hand soap
Hand sanitizer pumps
Brown paper bags – lunch-sized
Class of 2019 Graduation Lawn Signs & Banners
The sale has begun for the Class of 2019 Graduation Lawn Signs & Banners.
You have the option of purchasing Lawn Signs for $45 and/or Banners for $55.
Please see attached order form for specifics: The sale will end on Friday, April 12th, so don’t miss out!
Please make out checks to: SHS Post Prom and send orders to Sharon Kistler (address listed on form)
Please contact Sharon Kistler at email@example.com with any questions
SHS Home & School Spirit Night/Restaurant Fundraiser at Springfield Panera
We are excited to announce that we are having another Spirit Night/Restaurant Fundraiser at the Springfield Panera on Wednesday, 3/20, 4-8pm
Why cook when you don't have to?
Please mention the fundraiser at the checkout so we can receive credit. PLEASE DO NOT USE KIOSK BECAUSE IT WON'T COUNT TOWARDS FUNDRAISER! Mark your calendars now Thank you for supporting SHS Home & School
Home and School News
- If you would like to be included in receiving “important news” sent out from the SHS Home & School, please send your name and email address to Sharon Kistler at SHSHS@ssdstudent.org.
- In the meanwhile, please take time to read all of the information on our website: https://sites.google.com/ssdstudent.org/shshs/home It is constantly being updated.
- HOME & SCHOOL MEETINGS
- Our next meeting is Tuesday, March 12th at 7:00 PM in Audion A.
- Our Guest Speaker will be Mr. Don Mooney, SSD's Executive Director of Operations. He will be giving updates on the new high school and more.
- We will also open up nominations for open Home & School President and Vice President. See you then! Bring a friend!
Thank you for supporting our Home & School & we look forward to working with you!
POST PROM 2019
Plans are underway for Post Prom and committees are busy planning and preparing for a fun and exciting night for our seniors and their dates! This event is a huge financial undertaking and it is important that we have all fees paid to secure entertainment, purchase exciting prizes for all seniors and of course decorate and transform our high school into an exciting new place on May 3!. Thank you to those who have already paid their fee and for those who have asked about paying online you may now do so beginning on Wednesday, January 16 until March 1 by visiting Brown Paper Tickets at https://shspostprom.brownpapertickets.com
Please note if you pay online, you will incur a service charge of $4.49. After March 1, you will no longer be able to pay online and the fee will increase from $100 to $110. Please make checks payable to SHS After Prom and they can be either sent to the main office marked Post Prom, c/o Jen Barbier or mailed to Jen Barbier, 111 Cascade Rd., Springfield, PA 19064.
The Post Prom party is for all seniors & you do not have to attend the prom in order to attend the party. Of course if you have any questions or concerns about your student's fee, please do not hesitate to privately contact Jen Barbier, Post Prom Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org
DANCE CHAPERONES FOR 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
We have several dances during the 2018-2019 school year! We are looking for chaperones to help out at each of them. We need 3 females & 3 males per dance. It's light monitoring of certain areas during the dance. Last year, our chaperones had wonderful things to say about the students attending!
The dances are: Homecoming (Saturday, 10/6, SHS Cafeteria) Frosh (Saturday, 11/10, SHS Cafeteria), Snow Dance (Saturday, 12/15, SHS Cafeteria), Soph Hop (Friday, 3/8, Springfield Country Club), Junior Prom (Friday, 4/5, Drexelbrook) & Senior Prom (Friday, 5/3, Kings Mills).
If your child doesn't want you in attendance, you could chaperone a different dance. If you'd like to chaperone their dance, it's not likely they'd see you for most of it! Please consider chaperoning as this is a great way to become involved and help out at SHS! Chaperones will need to have license scanned in main office through the Raptor system in advance.
Thank you! If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Kistler at email@example.com!
Here’s the link: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/5080C48AFAA2AA46-dance1
Have you joined our SHS Home and School Facebook Page??
This is a closed group for parents and guardians of SHS students. It's a great place for timely reminders or get a response to a quick question related to our Home & School.
Once the request is made, please look for a new automated message and reply with the requested information, so we may add you to the group. This ensures the privacy of those members and administrators of the group. Thank you!
Don't forget that you can support Springfield High School H&S efforts while you shop at Giant!
Our school is participating in the Giant A+ School Rewards Program, a great school fundraising program that runs from September 7, 2018 through March 16, 2019. This is an easy way for you to help our school earn CASH each time my family members and friends shop at any Giant Store. Please help our school and register your BONUSCARD® to our SCHOOL ID# 23819.
Here’s How You Can Help Beginning August 3, 2018:
Visit www.giantfoodstores.com/school-rewards/. Follow the prompts to create your online account. You’ll need your 11-digit BONUSCARD® number and the School ID #.
**IF YOU DON’T KNOW YOUR BONUSCARD® NUMBER CALL 1-888-814-4268, OPTION #1.
To earn points:
Use your BONUSCARD® each time you shop at Giant, and you will earn CASH for my school. You can track the number of points you are earning for our school by checking your grocery receipt starting September 7, 2018 through March 16, 2019.
At the end of each month, your points are calculated and converted to CASH rewards. These CASH rewards for our school are updated monthly. You can track our progress when you sign in to your online account.
Our school will receive one CASH awards check at the end of the program and can use this cash for any of its educational needs.
Our school needs your support! Please take a moment to register your BONUSCARD® today! And don’t forget to tell your friends and neighbors to do the same. It would mean the world to our school. THANK YOU!!
DON'T FORGET ~ OUR SCHOOL NUMBER IS 23819!!