Tuesday, September 17th—Day 3
9:00 AM College Visit—Bloomsburg University—Guidance
10:00 AM College Visit—Towson University—Guidance
1:00 PM College Visit—Immaculata University—Guidance
Wednesday, September 18th—Day 4
9:00 AM College Visit—Bloomsburg University—Guidance
10:30AM College Visit—Lafayette College—Guidance
1:00 PM College Visit—Hussian College—Guidance
Thursday, September 19th —Day 5
8:00 AM College Visit—George Mason University—Guidance
9:00 AM College Visit—LaSalle University—Guidance
12:30 PM College Visit—Holy Family University—Guidance
1:00 PM College Visit—Gettysburg College—Guidance
Friday, September 20th —Day 6
Monday, September 23rd —Day 1
10:30 AM College Visit—Neumann University—Audion A
1:00 PM College Visit—Drexel University—Audion A
Tuesday, September 24th —Day 2
8:30 AM College Visit—University of Pittsburgh—Guidance
9:00 AM College Visit—Lebanon Valley College--Guidance
11:00 AM College Visit—Seton Hill University—Guidance
11:30 AM College Visit—Landmark College--Guidance
Wednesday, September 25th —Day 3
8:30AM College Visit—Indiana University of Pennsylvania—Guidance
10:00 AM College Visit—Ursinus College—Guidance
12:00 PM College Visit—Nova Southeastern University—Guidance
12:30 PM College Visit—University of Rhode Island--Guidance
Thursday, September 26th —Day 4
10:30 AM College Visit—Shippensburg University—Guidance
11:00 AM College Visit—University of Mary Washington—Guidance
11:30 AM College Visit—Wilkes University—Guidance
1:30 PM College Visit—East Stroudsburg University--Guidance
Friday, September 27th —Day 5
8:00 AM College Visit—Slippery Rock University—Guidance
8:00 AM College Visit—University of Maine--Guidance
Student Services Reminders
Attendance notification may be completed in either of the following two ways:
- An e-mail to the attendance office at firstname.lastname@example.org, which will also fulfill the written notice requirement for an excused absence. The e-mail must include the date of absence, child’s name, grade, the reason for the absence and the parent/guardian name reporting the absence and phone number.
- A phone call to the school attendance hotline (610) 938-6110. The message should include the student name, grade, date, the name of the parent/guardian calling, a phone number, and the reason for the absence. A call must be followed-up with a written excuse note or email within three days. If a written excuse is not submitted within this time period, the absence automatically becomes unexcused.
- Extended Absence/Vacation Request/Approval Forms must be picked up in the Student Services Office at least 10 days prior to the first day of the requested absence
Late Arrivals and Early Dismissals
- Written notes are required for all late arrivals and early dismissals. Late arrivals and early dismissals remain unexcused until a note is received. If the late arrival or early dismissal is due to a medical or dental appointment, additional documentation from the medical office must be provided to be excused. The appointment verification can be faxed to 610-938-6105 or dropped off to the Student Services Office. Early dismissal notes must include how the student is getting home.
- Excuse for Absence and Late Arrival/Early Dismissal Cards can be picked up in the Student Services Office, Room 120.
Additional information and updated attendance polices can be found in the student handbook and on the district website www.ssdcougars.org
The Spri-Hian, SHS’s student newspaper, is looking for more student writers.
The Spri-Hian staff encourages any interested student to stop by room 281 after school and meet with Mr. Cianfrani and the newspaper staff for more information.
Future meetings will be announced soon and the staff looks forward to meeting with you.
Thursdays from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM in Room 144
Everyone is welcome!!
Springfield Theatre Workshop Informational Meetings -- Any students interested in participating in either the fall and/or spring theatrical production are encouraged to attend one of the following information sessions – Tuesday, September 10 or Thursday, September 12 – immediately after school in the high school auditorium. The meetings will last about 20 minutes. Any students unable to attend should see Mr. Henry in Room 119 or check the STW website – www.ssdcougars.org/stw. All students are welcome and encouraged to attend!
10 students from Madrid, Spain will be arriving in February or March.
Sign up to be a host with any Spanish teacher.
The SHS Lost and Found is located in the Student Services Office
Please be sure to check for any missing items
All items left at the end of the school year will be donated
Home and School News
- If you would like to be included in receiving “important news” sent out from the SHS Home & School, please send your name and email address to Sharon Kistler at SHSHS@ssdstudent.org.
- In the meanwhile, please take time to read all of the information on our website: https://sites.google.com/ssdstudent.org/shshs/home It is constantly being updated.
Thank you for supporting our Home & School & we look forward to working with you!
Chaperones needed for Dances at SHS
Two dances are held at Springfield High School - Frosh & Snow Dance!
We need volunteers to sign up to chaperone those dances (3 females & 3 males).
You will need to have your license scanned through the Raptor System in the Main Office in advance of the dance.
Please see Signup Genius Link below. PLEASE NOTE - THERE WILL BE A SEPARATE SIGNUP GENIUS FOR THE SPRING FORMAL DANCES, SO STAY TUNED FOR THAT ONE AS WELL...