Monday, March 26th —Friday, March 30th
Monday, April 2nd—Day 2
Tuesday, April 3rd –Day 3
10:30 AM College Visit—University of Albany--Guidance
Wednesday, April 4th—Day 4
Thursday, April 5th—Day 5
Friday, April 6th—Day 6
6:30 PM Diversity Night--Auditorium
Student Services News
- All absences and late arrivals must be called in to the attendance hotline, 610-938-6110, each day your child is absent or late.
- A written note is required and must be submitted within 3 days after return from an absence or the absence will remain unexcused.
- Every late arrival to school will be unexcused unless an acceptable excuse note is received.
- All early dismissals require a written note from a parent/guardian, and parents/guardians must physically come in the building to sign students out. Please review the Student Handbook for important policy changes for early dismissals.
- An Extended Absence Form is required for any planned event for 2 or more consecutive days. The completed form must be picked up and returned to the Student Services office 10 days prior to the trip.
- To track your student’s attendance please check the Home Access Center (HAC) on the Springfield School District website. Please review your child’s Student Handbook for all Attendance Policies and Procedures.
Cap and Gown information has been mailed home by our vendor Student Services Company.
Order online at bit.ly/shsgradstore before Febuary 9th to avoid late charges.
Please have your height and weight available when ordering.
Contact Student Services at 610-539-1330 or email email@example.com with any questions
The 2018 Springfield High School Scholarship Application and The Casey Feldman Memorial Scholarship Application have been sent to via student email.
Applications must be returned to guidance no later than Friday, March 23, 2018. We will not accept applications after this date.
Please contact Mrs. Kendra Campbell with any questions.
Please note the following:
- All required attachments must be included to be considered for the scholarship(s) to which you are applying.
Recipients will be announced at the Honors Reception or Commencement.
A Military Care Package Drop Box is
located in the main lobby until April 30th as part of an
Eagle Scout Service Project
See Ryan Henry With Any Questions
The Community Service Club meets on Mondays at 7:00 PM in the cafeteria. New members are welcome.
Homework Club meets every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:00 in the LMC
Mock Trial Meets After School on
Tuesdays and Thursdays
In Room 284
Chess Club Meets
Wednesdays after school
SHS Scrivener Yearbook meetings are held every Thursday at 2:35 in room 279.
The Spri Hian meets every Thursday after school in Room 281. any student who is interested in writing for the high school newspaper is encouraged to attend
GSA meets on Thursdays in room 144 from 3:00-4:00.
Everyone is welcome!
Amnesty International Meeting
Thursday, March 22nd
Come Join the Fight for Human Rights
2018 Yearbooks are now on Sale
Order yours today at
Our school code is 10819
Friday April, 20th 6:30-10:30
Tickets on sale before and after school in Mrs. Barber's room (108), Tuesday April 3rd through Thursday April 5th, and before school only on Friday, April 6th.
$110 per couple, $55 for singles
ALL FEES and FINES MUST BE PAID IN ORDER TO PURCHASE TICKETS
2018 Post Prom is around the corner!
This event keeps students safe after their prom, and we need parent/guardian assistance.
The Senior Activity fee is due and will increase after March 31.
- The $100 fee covers Post Prom (May 4 at 11 pm to May 5 at 4 am), and refreshments after the Graduation ceremony
- The outlay of cash is increasing as the event draws near. We request the fee be sent to the main office so we have funds to pay for prizes, entertainment, decorating, DJ, activities, food, etc.
- After March 31, the fee will increase to $110 so please send a check, payable to 2018 SHS Post Prom, to the main office in an envelope marked Post Prom or mail a check to Holly Thorpe, Post Prom Treasurer, 356 Orchard Road, Springfield, PA 19064
Lawn Signs and Banners
- Lawn Signs and Banners are for sale announcing congratulations to your graduate! Proceeds supports Post Prom. Flyer is attached. Please note Lisa Russo is handling this fundraiser and requests must be sent to her house. Otherwise, the requests will be picked up weekly from the main office.
Tuxedo Rental Coupons
- Sagets Formal Wear in Drexel Hill, has a Prom Representative Program. Attached is a $50 coupon off the cost of a Tuxedo rental. When the attached coupon is presented $5 will be donated back to Post Prom. You save, and Post Prom receives a donation!
Post Prom Decorating meetings are held Monday nights @ 7 in the SHS cafeteria. No meeting on Monday March 26 due to spring break.
Volunteer: Please visit our Sign-Up Genius Link:
There will be more ways to assist posted soon for food services, set-up, clean-up, and chaperones.
Like our Facebook Page: “Springfield High School Post Prom 2018”
We encourage you to be part of this event to create a wonderful and safe evening for our seniors, and their dates.
Please contact Judy Nieman at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Home and School News
- The new SHS Home & School website is ready! From now on, all “important news” updates, etc. will be coming from this page. The old site (school world) will no longer be updated and will expire at the end of December. If you had already been on the “important news” email list from the old site, you do not have to sign up again. However, if you are new to “important news” and would like a Sunday night update, please follow instructions on the site itself! The new site address is: https://sites.google.com/ssdstudent.org/shshs/home.
- Our next Home & School Meeting will be Tuesday, April 10th at 7:00 pm in Rm. 119. Come join us to find out what’s happening at SHS!
Have you joined our SHS Home and School Facebook Page??
This is a closed group for parents and guardians of SHS students. It's a great place for timely reminders or get a response to a quick question related to our Home & School.
Once the request is made, please look for a new automated message and reply with the requested information, so we may add you to the group. This ensures the privacy of those members and administrators of the group. Thank you!
Believe it or not, but we are starting to recruit chaperones for our 5 big dances. They are: Frosh, Snow Dance, Soph Hop, Junior Prom & Senior Prom (see dates, time & places on the signup genius link below)! We need 6 chaperones per dance, 3 females & 3 males. Male chaperones are still needed for each event. Please consider signing up to help - we need your help to ensure the safety of our students. If you're concerned that your child might not want you there, the likelihood of them seeing you or vice versa is small! You can also consider chaperoning another grade's dance instead. Prior to the dances, you must make sure your license is scanned in the Raptor System in the SHS Main Office. Thank you for your consideration and GO!!
Don't forget that you can support Springfield High School H&S efforts while you shop!
Our school is participating in the Giant A+ School Rewards Program, a great school fundraising program that runs from October 6, 2017 through March 15, 2018. This is an easy way for you to help our school earn CASH each time my family members and friends shop at any Giant Store. Please help our school and register your BONUSCARD® to
OUR SCHOOL ID# 23819.
Here’s How You Can Help Beginning September 11, 2017:
Visit www.giantfoodstores.com and select Savings & Rewards. Follow the prompts to create your online account. You’ll need your 11-digit BONUSCARD® number and the School ID #.
IF YOU DON’T KNOW YOUR BONUSCARD® NUMBER CALL 1-888-814-4268 OPTION #1
REMEMBER…if you supported our school last year, you DO NOT need to register your card again!
To earn points:
Use your BONUSCARD® each time you shop at Giant, and you will earn CASH for my school. You can track the number of points you are earning for our school by checking your grocery receipt starting October 6, 2017 through March 15, 2018.
At the end of each month, your points are calculated and converted to CASH rewards. These CASH rewards for our school are updated monthly. You can track our progress when you sign in to your online account.
Our school will receive one CASH awards check at the end of the program and can use this cash for any of its educational needs.
Our school needs your support! Please take a moment to register your BONUSCARD® today! And don’t forget to tell your friends and neighbors to do the same. It could mean the world to our school. THANK YOU!!
OUR SCHOOL ID# 23819.