Monday, March 16th
Staff Development Day—No School for Students
Monday, March 16th
Staff Development Day—No School for Students
Tuesday, March 17th—Day 5
Wednesday, March 18th—Day 6
Thursday, March 19th—Day 1
Friday, March 20th—Day 2
Attention Senior Families
Caps and Gowns are now on sale through the following link:
Place your order by February 15th to avoid late fees
Please have your height and weight available when ordering
If you do not wish to order online, mail-in forms are available in the main office
SHSHS Spirit Night at Panera
Please join us for another fun SHSHS Spirit Night/Restaurant Fundraiser at the Springfield Panera on Wednesday, 3/18, 4-8pm.
Please see attached flyer and mention and/or show at the time of checkout.
You can also order online and hit the "PRFund" button at the time of checkout.
Please don't use the kiosks at Panera for order as they don't have a special button and don't count for fundraiser.
Thank you for your ongoing support of SHSHS!
Any questions, please ask Sharon Kistler at email@example.com
Class of 2020 Lawn Signs are on sale through April 17th
See the attached flyer for details
Prom Season is almost here!
That means, we need chaperones for all three spring dances (Soph Hop, Junior Prom & Senior Prom).
Please see attached signup genius link for all details and please note some changes:
Chaperones are only needed for 2 ½ hours and are to arrive between dinner and dessert. That way, parents can take pictures and not have to rush to the event. Also, if you are chaperoning a dance that your child is not attending, you’re still helping out & you’ll be able to see how great these dances are.
We still need 3 males & 3 females per dance. We appreciate your volunteerism – thank you!
Senior Parents: Post Prom Plans are under way!!
If you have not paid your fee please do so ASAP!
The price will increase to $110 on April 3rd, and payment will not be accepted after May 8th.
This year Post Prom will be at Urban Air and we will need to finalize attendance numbers well in advance.
The Post Prom Fee may be paid by dropping off a check, made payable to SHS After Prom, in an envelope labeled with your students name and your email address for confirmation to the SHS Main Office, or by mail to our Post Prom Treasurer Tricia Gray at 109 School Lane, Springfield, PA 19064.
If you have any questions, please contact our Post Prom Committee Leader Beth Ann Berman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2020shspostprom
Attention Senior Parents:
The decorating committee needs your help to make
a few decorations for the Post Prom.
You don't need to be an artist--simple decorations need to be created.
Please contact Joanne DeCaria at email@example.com
if you would like to help
Junior Class Families
We’re looking for some volunteers to form a team for Post Commencement.
Jobs will be broken down into different areas, such as leadership, food, volunteers, etc.
Please reach out to an SHS Home & School Board member for information if you're interested.
We appreciate your volunteerism--Thank you!
Student Services Reminders
Attendance notification may be completed in either of the following two ways:
- An e-mail to the attendance office at firstname.lastname@example.org, which will also fulfill the written notice requirement for an excused absence. The e-mail must include the date of absence, child’s name, grade, the reason for the absence and the parent/guardian name reporting the absence and phone number.
- A phone call to the school attendance hotline (610) 938-6110. The message should include the student name, grade, date, the name of the parent/guardian calling, a phone number, and the reason for the absence. A call must be followed-up with a written excuse note or email within three days. If a written excuse is not submitted within this time period, the absence automatically becomes unexcused.
- Extended Absence/Vacation Request/Approval Forms must be picked up in the Student Services Office at least 10 days prior to the first day of the requested absence
Late Arrivals and Early Dismissals
- Written notes are required for all late arrivals and early dismissals. Late arrivals and early dismissals remain unexcused until a note is received. If the late arrival or early dismissal is due to a medical or dental appointment, additional documentation from the medical office must be provided to be excused. The appointment verification can be faxed to 610-938-6105 or dropped off to the Student Services Office. Early dismissal notes must include how the student is getting home.
- Excuse for Absence and Late Arrival/Early Dismissal Cards can be picked up in the Student Services Office, Room 120.
Additional information and updated attendance polices can be found in the student handbook and on the district website www.ssdcougars.org
Interested in a quiet space to complete your homework or collaborate on a group project?
Seeking additional support from a teacher or your peers?
Join Homework Club!
We meet on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:00-4:00 in the LMC
All students are welcome!
For more information, please see Ms. Freed in Room 284
The Spri-Hian, SHS’s student newspaper, is looking for more student writers
Meetings are Tuesdays after school in room 281
Stop by and meet with Mr. Cianfrani and the newspaper staff for more information.
Educators Rising meets
Tuesdays in the LMC at 2:30 PM - all are welcomed
Please see Ms. Freed or Mrs. Delaney if you have any questions
Mock Trial club meets
Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 3:00 in room 214
Game Club meets Thursdays
in Mr. Fullen’s room (207) from 2:30-3:00
Thursdays from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM in Room 144
Everyone is welcome!!
Chess Club meets in Mr. Lee's room (116)
during all lunches
The SHS Lost and Found is located in
the Student Services Office
Please be sure to check for any missing items
All items left at the end of the school year will be donated
Home and School News
- If you would like to be included in receiving “important news” sent out from the SHS Home & School, please send your name and email address to Sharon Kistler at SHSHS@ssdstudent.org.
- In the meanwhile, please take time to read all of the information on our website: https://sites.google.com/ssdstudent.org/shshs/home It is constantly being updated.
Thank you for supporting our Home & School & we look forward to working with you!