Wednesday, November 15th —Day 3
12:30 PM College Visit—Mansfield University—Guidance Office
6:30 PM Powder Puff Football Game—SHS Stadium Field
Thursday, November 16th—Day 4
10:30 AM College Visit—Centenary University—Guidance Office
11:00 AM College Visit—Colby Sawyer College—Guidance Office
7:30 PM STW Presents Antigone
Friday, November 17th —Day 5
7:30 PM STW Presents Antigone
Saturday, November 18th
7:30 PM STW Presents Antigone
Sunday, November 19th
2:00 PM STW Presents Antigone
Monday, November 20th—Day 6
1:30 PM College Visit—Merrimack College—Guidance Office
5:00-8:00 PM Class Ring Orders—Main Lobby
Tuesday, November 21st—Day 1
10:30 AM College Visit—US Naval Academy—Guidance Office
Wednesday, November 22nd—Thanksgiving Break—No School
10:30 AM 3rd Annual Turkey Games—Church Road Field
Thursday, November 23rd— Thanksgiving Break—No School
Friday, November 24th— Thanksgiving Break—No School
Student Services News
- All absences and late arrivals must be called in to the attendance hotline, 610-938-6110, each day your child is absent or late.
- A written note is required and must be submitted within 3 days after return from an absence or the absence will remain unexcused.
- Every late arrival to school will be unexcused unless an acceptable excuse note is received.
- All early dismissals require a written note from a parent/guardian, and parents/guardians must physically come in the building to sign students out. Please review the Student Handbook for important policy changes for early dismissals.
- An Extended Absence Form is required for any planned event for 2 or more consecutive days. The completed form must be picked up and returned to the Student Services office 10 days prior to the trip.
- To track your student’s attendance please check the Home Access Center (HAC) on the Springfield School District website. Please review your child’s Student Handbook for all Attendance Policies and Procedures.
The Community Service Club meets on Mondays at 7:00 PM in the cafeteria. New members are welcome.
Homework Club meets every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:00 in the LMC
There will be a Reading Olympics Meeting
after school on Tuesday, November 14th in the LMC
Mock Trial Meets After School on
Tuesdays and Thursdays
In Room 284
SHS Scrivener Yearbook meetings are held every Thursday at 2:35 in room 279.
The Spri Hian meets every Thursday after school in Room 281. any student who is interested in writing for the high school newspaper is encouraged to attend
GSA meets on Thursdays in room 144 from 3:00-4:00.
Everyone is welcome!
There will be a Chess Club meeting
on Friday, November 17th at 3:20
in Mr. Lee's Room--109
Order your Thanksgiving Pies from Linvilla Orchards and SHS Post Prom 2018!!
Let Post Prom 2018 make your Thanksgiving Dessert easy as Pie!!! Please review the Linvilla Pie Order Form provided and place your orders for delicious Thanksgiving Pies from Linvilla Orchards beginning now through Wednesday, November 15th. Please drop off all orders and payment to the SHS Main Office, in an envelope marked Post Prom Linvilla Pie Order by Wednesday, November 15th. All Orders will picked up at the SHS Blue Gym Lobby on Tuesday, November 21st between 5-7pm, just in time to make your Thanksgiving feast complete. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Chiarlone @ email@example.com
Springfield Theatre Workshop -- the Springfield High School theater group -- presents the classic Greek drama, Antigone, by Jean Anouilh, translated by Lewis Galantiere. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased either at the door or online at stwantigone.brownpapertickets.com.
The shows runs November 16, 17, 18 at 7:30 PM and November 19 at 2:00 PM. All performances are in the Knorr Theatre, located at Springfield High School, 49 West Leamy Avenue, Springfield, PA 19064.
2018 Yearbooks are now on Sale
Order yours today at
Our school code is 10819
The Third Annual Turkey Games
Wednesday, November 22 at Church Road Park
10:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Spectators are asked to bring canned goods to be packed in our Holiday Meal Delivery in December
Funds raised will be donated to the the Turkey Fund and to other organizations
Attention Sophomore Families:
Your teenager, though representing a different generation, is experiencing all the feelings and emotions YOU DID in school…the good times…the bad times…the fun times…the sad times…the friends and the trends!
LET THEIR CLASS RING SAY IT ALL!!!
Designing their class ring is the one opportunity your child will have to not only encapsulate the memories they are creating, but also create a product unique to them. Selecting all the right options that make-up this SPECIAL CLASS RING is a “Once-In-A-Lifetime” experience and we are honored to be there to help.
Student Services Company, Springfield High School's official class ring supplier, presented the class ring program to the sophomore class and your student received a packet to take home and review with you.
SSC will have representatives at school on the date listed below to assist your student with his/her order.
All rings ordered on these dates will be distributed in early March giving your child an optimal amount of time to wear his/her ring while still in high school.
FAMILY ORDER NIGHT: Monday, November 20th, In the Main Lobby,
Last Names A-I -5:00-6:00PM; Last Names J-R - 6:00-7:00PM, Last Names S-Z - 7:00-8:00PM
STUDENT ORDER DAY: Tuesday, November 21st, During Lunches In the Cafeteria Lobby
German American Exchange Trip - Summer 2018
Did you enjoy spending time with our guest students from Germany?
If so, you now have the chance to spend two weeks with them at their partner school. Enrollment is now open.
The exchange trip is opened to any SHS student, you do not have to take German to participate in the exchange.
Please see Mr. Williams in room 205 for more information.
Did you meet a student from Spain last year and wonder how you could host a student this year?
It's easy! We will have approximately 10 students from Madrid at SHS beginning in late April for a 9 day stay.
The Spanish students will be here for THON. Just let Mr. Robinson in Room 257 or Mrs. McDonnell in Room 250 know as soon as possible you want to host and the paperwork will come later.
A hosting opportunity will be reserved for you. If you host, you can stay with your student’s family in Spain right after school ends in June. Cost…under $2000. Students speak English and already know a lot about our school.
Trip to Paris, Munich & Venice - Spring Break 2018
There are still spots left for the 2018 Spring Break Trip to Europe.
Our group will visit Paris, Munich and Venice.
The trip is opened to any SHS student, and it does NOT conflict with the band/choir trip to Disney.
Limited space is available.
Please see Mr. Williams in room 205 for more information
Home and School News
- The new SHS Home & School website is ready! From now on, all “important news” updates, etc. will be coming from this page. The old site (school world) will no longer be updated and will expire at the end of December. If you had already been on the “important news” email list from the old site, you do not have to sign up again. However, if you are new to “important news” and would like a Sunday night update, please follow instructions on the site itself! The new site address is: https://sites.google.com/ssdstudent.org/shshs/home.
- Thank you to those who donated food/drinks/money to the Frosh. Also, thanks to those who chaperoned and served food & drinks. Thank you to the Kovacs family for taking in and organizing all the donations for the dance & for always being so generous with their time & more. The students looked so nice all dressed up and had a great time! Look out for the 11th & 12th Grade Snow Dance Signup Genius coming soon.
- Thank you to those who sent in delicious baked goods for the Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon on 11/7! They were very much appreciated & enjoyed by all!
- Our next Home & School Meeting will be Tuesday, November 14th, 7 pm, Rm. 119. All meetings will be at 7:00 PM from now on. Come join us to find out what’s happening at SHS!
Believe it or not, but we are starting to recruit chaperones for our 5 big dances. They are: Frosh, Snow Dance, Soph Hop, Junior Prom & Senior Prom (see dates, time & places on the signup genius link below)! We need 6 chaperones per dance, 3 females & 3 males. Male chaperones are still needed for each event. Please consider signing up to help - we need your help to ensure the safety of our students. If you're concerned that your child might not want you there, the likelihood of them seeing you or vice versa is small! You can also consider chaperoning another grade's dance instead. Prior to the dances, you must make sure your license is scanned in the Raptor System in the SHS Main Office. Thank you for your consideration and GO!!
Don't forget that you can support Springfield High School H&S efforts while you shop!
Our school is participating in the Giant A+ School Rewards Program, a great school fundraising program that runs from October 6, 2017 through March 15, 2018. This is an easy way for you to help our school earn CASH each time my family members and friends shop at any Giant Store. Please help our school and register your BONUSCARD® to
OUR SCHOOL ID# 23819.
Here’s How You Can Help Beginning September 11, 2017:
Visit www.giantfoodstores.com and select Savings & Rewards. Follow the prompts to create your online account. You’ll need your 11-digit BONUSCARD® number and the School ID #.
IF YOU DON’T KNOW YOUR BONUSCARD® NUMBER CALL 1-888-814-4268 OPTION #1
REMEMBER…if you supported our school last year, you DO NOT need to register your card again!
To earn points:
Use your BONUSCARD® each time you shop at Giant, and you will earn CASH for my school. You can track the number of points you are earning for our school by checking your grocery receipt starting October 6, 2017 through March 15, 2018.
At the end of each month, your points are calculated and converted to CASH rewards. These CASH rewards for our school are updated monthly. You can track our progress when you sign in to your online account.
Our school will receive one CASH awards check at the end of the program and can use this cash for any of its educational needs.
Our school needs your support! Please take a moment to register your BONUSCARD® today! And don’t forget to tell your friends and neighbors to do the same. It could mean the world to our school. THANK YOU!!
OUR SCHOOL ID# 23819.