12:40 - 1:30 PM every Thursday, location = Hearst Field Annex Room B5 (the New Campbell Hall location is TBD).
To volunteer for a 12 minute talk + 4 minutes for questions, send email to Paul Kalas (email@example.com) and Al Glassgold (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bold means confirmed
- Dan Werthimer (UC Berkeley) "What's new in SETI"
- Karto Keating (UC Berkeley) "The Undiscovered CO: Charting Bulk Molecular Gas in the Early Universe"
- Linda Tacconi (MPE) "NOEMA: the NOrthern Extended Millimeter Array"
- Dan Perley (Caltech) "Can Gamma-Ray Bursts Explode in ULIRGs? A Radio-Wavelength View of the GRB Host Galaxy Population"
- Chelsea Harris (UC Berkeley) "Prospects of Detecting CSM from SNe Ia Progenitor Systems"
- Sasha Tchekhovskoy (UC Berkeley) "What turns off gamma-ray bursts (and keeps me up at night)?"
- Chris Ormel (UC Berkeley) "The atmosphere of low-mass planets in 1, 2, and 3 dimensions"
- Paul Duffell (UC Berkeley) "Moving Mesh Astrophysics"
- Evan Kirby (Caltech) "The Myth of Lithium-Rich Red Giants"
- Lochland Trotter Q&A on Moving to New Campbell Hall
- Dovi Poznanski (Tel Aviv University) "Understanding the most common supernovae, or belated observational evidence that core bounce cannot explode stars"
- Freeke van de Voort (UC Berkeley) TBD
- Hannah Jang-Condell (Wyoming) "Implicit Bias" [see Gender-based Systematics in HST Proposal Selection" (http://arxiv.org/abs/1409.3528)]
- Bekki Dawson (UC Berkeley) "Planets with stars: a tale of two conferences"
- Davide Martizzi (UC Berkeley) "Supernova Feedback in an Inhomogeneous ISM"
- Phil Carter (Bristol) "Below the period minimum: a new type of ultracompact binary?"
- Lauren Weiss (UCB) "Introducing The Levy Planetary System HD 7924: It's all in the family"
- Mikhael Belyaev (UC Berkeley) "Simulating a pulsar using particle in cell"
- Alexander Rudolph (CS Polytechnic) "The Effect of Interactive Instruction in the Astro 101 Classroom"
- Melissa Graham (UC Berkeley) "SN2014J with APF"
- Daniel Lecoanet (UC Berkeley) "Dedalus: A Flexible, Open-Source PDE Solver"
- Eve Ostriker (Princeton) “Formation of magnetized prestellar cores”
- Nathan Roth (UC Berkeley) "Radiative transfer studies of tidal disruption events"
- Eve Lee (UC Berkeley) "Make Super-Earths, Not Jupiters."
- Hilke Schlichting (MIT) "Atmospheric mass loss during planet formation: The importance of planetesimal impacts"
- Adrian Liu (UC Berkeley) “A novel approach to global 21cm measurements”
- Damiano Caprioli (Princeton) "Particle acceleration at astrophysical shocks"
- Adam Leroy (NRAO) "Cool gas, dust, and the fate of the cool part of the M82 outflow."
- Casey Law (UC Berkeley) "Results from the First Fast Imaging Survey for Fast Radio Bursts"
- Jack Burns (U. Colorado) “Exploring the Cosmos from the Farside of the Moon”
- Mariska Kriek (UC Berkeley) "The MOSFIRE Deep Evolution Field Survey"
- Robert Feldmann (UC Berkeley) "The structure of galaxies in the group environment - Clues from cosmological simulations"
- Casey Stark (UC Berkeley) "Protocluster discovery in reconstructed Lyman-alpha Forest flux maps"
- Fiona Harrison (Caltech) "Are Some Broad Absorption Line Quasars X-ray Weak?"
- Roberto Sanchis-Ojeda (UC Berkeley) "Characterizing the shortest-period planets found by Kepler"
- Mate Adamkovics (UC Berkeley) "Measuring methane humidity variation on Titan"
- Carl Heiles (UC Berkeley) "An ISM guy looks at the Sun"