12:30 - 1:30 PM, 166 Barrows (the building on the north side of Hearst Field Annex)
Bold means confirmed
- Yakov Faerman Ultra-Compact High-Velocity Clouds as Minihalos and Dwarf Galaxies
- Lauren Weiss The Automated Planet Finder telescope works. You can use it too!
- Christian Reichardt The Detection of B-mode Polarization in the CMB with SPT
- Hubert Klahr Disk Weather and Planet Formation
- James Graham The Gemini Planet Imager Survey
- James McBride The Role of Magnetic Fields in Starburst Galaxies as Revealed by OH Megamasers
- Lars Bildsten Helium Detonations for Thermonuclear Supernova
- Alex Parker Exploring the Outer Solar System with New Horizons
- Alex Fillippenko Lick Observatory
- Roger Blandford Pular Timing Arrays
- Eve Lee Dynamic Star Formation
- Melissa Graham Supernovae with the Las Cumbres Observatory Global Telescope Network
- Rodrigo Fernandez Delayed outflows from neutron star merger remnant accretion disks
- David DeBoer - The Hydrogen Epoch of Reionization Array (HERA)
- Anatoly Spitkovsky Accelerating the acceleration: new techniques for modeling cosmic ray feedback
- Raphael Bousso -- special full hour talk/discussion on "firewalls," black hole information, ...
- (no colloq speaker slot this week)
- Sedona Price -- Direct measurement of dust attenuation in z~1.5 star-forming galaxies from 3D-HST
- Di Li (colloq. speaker) -- Are Massive Cores Supercritical?
- Eugene Chiang -- Disks, Gaps and Holes
- David Spergel WFIRST/AFTA
- Casey Law Searching for Cosmological Millisecond Radio Transients with the VLA
- Bekki Dawson - The Legacy of Giant Planet Dynamical Histories in the Post-Kepler Era
- Karin Oberg (colloq. speaker) - Diffusion in interstellar ices.
- Martin White The Dark Energy Specroscopic Instrument: Opportunities for Quasar and Galaxy Science
- Ashley King (U of M; Friday SSL colloq. speaker) - The extremely fast wind from the black hole IGR J17091-3624.
- Howard Isaacson Masses, Radii, and Orbits of Small Kepler Planets: The Transition from Gaseous to Rocky Planets
- Jennifer van Saders (OSU) Better Stars, Better Planets: Using Stellar Rotation to Refine Estimates of Stellar Parameters
- Jeff Silverman (UT Austin) - "High-Velocity Features in Type Ia Supernovae"
- Josh Bloom The new (secret) Data Science initiative on campus
- Ian McLean The NIRSPEC Brown Dwarf Spectroscopic Survey (BDSS)
- Franck Marchis Origami Nanosat Telescopes
- Ruobing Dong Understanding the Earliest Stages of Planet Formation Through Resolved Observations and Simulations of Protoplanetary Disks
- Ann-Marie Madigan Instabilities in near-Kepler potentials
- Jason Wang Airborne observing with SOFIA
- Juna Kollmeier (colloq. speaker)
- Tushar Mittal Debris disks with Spitzer
- Joo Heon Yoon (UCSB): The Effect of Environment on the Circumgalactic Medium
- Kaitlin Kratter (colloq. speaker) - Dynamical instabilities in three-body systems
- Blake Sherwin CMB Lensing: Mapping Mass at High Redshifts
- Drummond Fielding The Turbulent Origin of Misalignment: Explaining Observations of Extrasolar Obliquities
- Erik Petigura Prevalence of Earth-size planets orbiting Sun-like stars
- Ryan O'Leary The Missing Pulsar Problem in the Galactic Center