Join the Coaching Staff
The Redwood City Sharks Swim Team’s coaching staff enjoys teaching swimmers of all skill levels that it is possible to reach their swimming goals weekly, monthly or by the end of the season. We are looking for other dedicated staff to join us who enjoy training and inspiring new and experienced swimmers of all ages. Eligible staff are those with a passion for developing swimming improvement by being committed to positively spreading their expertise to the young minds of our swimmers.
We encourage all staff to contribute to the coaching process by introducing new techniques for stroke enhancements, as well as new training swim games. In order to achieve this, we expect individuals to approach each swimmer with patience and willingness to engage. We are a staff of energy and positivity open to new ideas and creative approaches.
We are currently in the search for new Junior Coaches (JC) for the upcoming 2019 summer season. The season is from June 1st, 2019 -- July 21th, 2019. If you have a passion for swimming and you fit the qualifications below please submit your application (located at the bottom of the page) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit to both email addresses.
Assistant Coaches (AC) requirements:
- Must be certified in Lifeguard Skills and CPR/First Aid (any other certifications pertaining to swimming/coaching must be stated)
- Available from June 1st, 2019 -- July 21, 2019, Monday through Friday at 5:30pm -- 9:15pm. Available for swim meets at 3:00pm -- 7:00pm and some Saturday meets from 7am-2pm (this changes depending on the pool size)
- Comfortable with kids and a high level of professionalism.
- A swim history of either high school swimming, college swimming or both.
- A coaching history is preferable from either a club team or other league team.
- Anyone over the age of 18 must have a background check.
The main goal for assistant coaches is to improve a child's ability to swim. Remember you are molding young minds!
Junior Coaches (JC) requirements:
- Available from June 1st, 2019 -- July 21, 2019, two days a week from 5:30pm -- 7:45pm. Available for swim meets at 3:00pm -- 7:00pm and some Saturday meets from 7am-2pm (this changes depending on the pool size)
- Must also be available for some training
- A swim history of club swim or other league team
- No CPR/First Aid or coaching history is required
The goal of being a JC is to gain the experience necessary to be a higher level coach. We will teach you proper coaching techniques to use in the water with the swimmers from ages 5-11.