Didcot is a community action group for Didcot residents with a shared interest in the
environment, living sustainably and raising awareness of climate change.
that through positive action we, as a community, can reduce Didcot’s impact on
this global threat.
follows the 1987 UN’s Bruntland Commission definition of Sustainability:
“Meeting the needs of the present without
compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”.
Waste/recycling * Local food * Energy
We are part of the Oxfordshire Community Action Group network.
Please visit our Facebook page to find out about our latest news and events and to find out about our meetings.
– an event to enable unwanted goods (clothes, books, toys etc.) to be
transferred to others. Thus encouraging reuse, rather than items going to
landfill. Our next Freecycle event will be in May 2017!
- Vege-cycle - bring and swap fruit and vegetables.
- Community Allotment – enabling residents to learn about growing their own produce.
- Incredible Edible Didcot – edible food garden in the centre of Didcot! Look out for the herb and fruit garden between Cornerstone and the Cinema.
- Thermal Imaging Project – a project within Didcot, alongside South Oxfordshire
District Council, to identify where heat is leaking from buildings, and to
suggest solutions to this problem.
- Dinner Time
kitchen event – using spare food (maybe in the back of your cupboard or in your
allotment!) to make and share a meal with other members of the community.
Aiming to reduce the amount of food we throw away.
Contact us for details about how to get involved in any of these projects!