The following are links
to selected global, national, and local government 'Open Data' sources and associated tools from around the world: Videos
- American FactFinder -
The U.S. Census Bureau provides access to population, housing,
economics, and other information from the decennial census and various
surveys they conduct.
- CropLife International Database - Facts & figures relating to agriculture, food
security, climate change, economics, etc.
- Data.Gov - Providing open access to datasets that are generated and/or held by the U.S. Government.
- DataVisualization - Provides links to a wide selection of high quality free and open 'data visualization' software tools.
- Google Public Data Explorer - Making
large public datasets easy to explore, visualize and communicate.
- IFC Global Economic Data - An array of
global economic data for researchers, policy makers, and others.
- NationMaster - Compilation of statistics
from such sources as the CIA, UN, WHO, UNESCO, UNICEF, World Bank, etc.
- Ocean Data.Gov - Portal to 'open' databases than can help us in planning for the future of our oceans, coast, and Great Lakes.
- Socrata - Provider of a widely-adopted Open Data platform or solution for use by federal, state, and local governments.
- Stats America - Providing information on hundreds of economic and
demographic indicators for states & communities across the U.S.
- StateHealthFacts - Kaiser Foundation web site providing free, up-to-date, and easy-to-use data on the health of all 50 U.S. states.
- U.N. Statistical Databases - An Internet-based data service bringing UN statistical
databases within reach of users around the globe.
- USASpending.Gov - Provides the public with information about how their U.S. tax dollars are spent.
- World Bank: Open Solutions - Open Development, Open Data, & Open Knowledge tools available from the World Bank.
'Open Data' Organizations
* Also check out The Open
If you would like to
suggest new material or links to be added to this web site, please email