Requirements and Standards
Interested in one of our home? Some of the criteria we use to determine if we may offer a lease to you are below.
- Income - We look for ability to pay. Generally, this means the applicant has monthly income of 3X the monthly rent.
- Job History - We look for employed individuals who have been with the same employer for 12 months or more, or who have been in the same line of work for at least 2 years and are moving to a new employer in a similar position.
- Credit - We consider an applicant's credit score in our screening. A score of 680+ is the standard.
- Credit - We do consider what type of accounts may result in a score of less than 680, and may waive the score based on the type of account.
- References - We check with previous property managers to ask about previous payments and whether the home was left in an expected condition upon move-out.
- Eviction check - We use a nationwide service to check for previous evictions. Should an eviction be found in your history, it must be older than 5 years and the amount due must have been paid to the landlord/manager.
- Criminal check - We use a nationwide service to check for criminal behavior. We are not able to offer a lease to an individual currently on probation for a violent crime. We are not able to offer a lease to an individual currently on probation for a drug related offense. These offenses and the probation that follows it must be at least 5 years in the past.
- Non-smokers. All of our homes are non-smoking. Should evidence of smoking be found, full remediation costs will be billed to resident when discovered. The average cost of remediation is $350 per room as of late 2018.
Some of these requirements are waived for those who are full time students. We will ask for a transcript and copy of the current student financial aid award letter to partly qualify those individuals.