What is the PTC?
The Sherman Oaks Parent Teacher Committee (PTC) is a group of parents and teachers that work together to bring events and programs to the Sherman Oaks community that benefit our students. The PTC Board Members are dedicated to organizing volunteers, planning events throughout the year, and raising funds for the school. All parents and teachers are invited to actively support the PTC to help build community and achieve academic success at Sherman Oaks. There is no cost or membership fees to participate in the PTC and we are a non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. The PTC relies 100% on volunteers for all of our activities.
Why join the PTC?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Committee is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. There are many benefits to supporting the PTC:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening at Sherman Oaks.
- Tap into a Network. The PTC functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with the PTC, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. The PTC can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at Sherman Oaks.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at Sherman Oaks you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. The PTC plays an important role in organizing volunteers and fundraising to provide school improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By joining the PTC, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Parents, educators, students and all Sherman Oaks Community members are invited to join our mission.