Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Harvey Mudd College
Office: Shanahan 2406
Email: rdavis (at) g (dot) hmc (dot) edu
Office Hours: Wednesdays, 1 pm - 2:30 pm in Shanahan 2430, or by appointment
Welcome! I am a Visiting Assistant Professor at Harvey Mudd College. Before that, I was a Visiting Assistant Professor at Michigan State University. I earned my Ph.D. in mathematics at the University of Kentucky, under the guidance of Benjamin Braun. During the 2013-2014 academic year I worked with Alexander Engström and his research group at Aalto University in Finland through a Fulbright U.S. Student Award.
My CV can be found here (last updated November 2018).
Recent and Upcoming Activities:
- Co-led project on combinatorial neural codes with Rajinder Mavi as part of the Michigan State University SURIEM REU, Summer 2018
- Speaking at the UC Irvine algebra seminar, Nov. 14, 2018
- Speaking at the San Diego State University Discerete Math and Algebra Seminar, Dec. 7, 2018
- Speaking at the Joint Mathematics Meetings in Baltimore, MD, in the AMS Special Session "Geometric and Topological Combinatorics," January 16 - 19, 2019
- Speaking at the AMS sectional meeting in Auburn, AL, in the “Algebraic and discrete methods in mathematical biology” and the "Applications of algebraic geometry" special sessions, March 15 - 17, 2019
- Speaking at the SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry (SIAM AG19), in the minisymposium "Algebraic & Combinatorial Methods in Neural Coding", July 9 - 13, 2019