PUBLICATIONS IN THE PAST TWO YEARS
- “Deception and Reception: The Behavior of Information Providers and Users,” with Tim Shields, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, forthcoming.
- “Selective Recognition: How to Recognize Donors to Increase Charitable Giving,” with Anya Samek, Economic Inquiry, forthcoming. (Media: The Chronicle of Philanthropy) (Video: SPI Conference)
- “Multi-Battle Contests: An Experimental Study,” with Shakun Mago, Southern Economic Journal, forthcoming.
- “The Pros and Cons of Workplace Tournaments,” IZA World of Labor, 2016, 302, 1-10.
- “Principal-Agent Settings with Random Shocks,” with Jared Rubin, Management Science, 2016, 62, 985-999.
- “The Paradox of Misaligned Profiling: Theory and Experimental Evidence,” with Charlie Holt, Andrew Kydd and Laura Razzolini, Journal of Conflict Resolution, 2016, 60, 482-500.
- “Facing Your Opponents: Social Identification and Information Feedback in Contests,” with Shakun Mago and Anya Samek, Journal of Conflict Resolution, 2016, 60, 459-481.
- “When Identifying Contributors is Costly: An Experiment on Public Goods,” with Anya Samek, Southern Economic Journal, 2016, 82, 801-808.
- “The Gender Difference in the Value of Winning,” with Zhuoqiong (Charlie) Chen and David Ong, Economics Letters, 2015, 137, 226-229. (Media: Phys.org and Psych Central)
- “A Survey of Experimental Research on Contests,All-Pay Auctions and Tournaments,” with Emmanuel Dechenaux and Dan Kovenock, Experimental Economics, 2015, 18, 609-669.
- “Conflicted Emotions Following Trust-Based Interaction,” with Eric Schniter and Tim Shields, Journal of Economic Psychology, 2015, 51, 48-65.
- “Endowment Origin, Demographic Effects and Individual Preferences in Contests,” with Curtis Price, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 2015, 24, 597-619.
- “Strategically Equivalent Contests,” with Subhasish Chowdhury, Theory and Decision, 2015, 78, 587-601.
- “Commitment Problems in Conflict Resolution,” with Jared Rubin, Erik Kimbrough and Tim Shields, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 2015, 112, 33-45.