We Are Back!
Camp Alloway paddling Big Whiteshell
Registration opens early December, 2021.
Covid 19 refund and payment policy.
The Quest team is hoping that public health guidelines will allow Quest to operate this year and we will be able to follow through on our proposed trip toThe Whiteshell from July 9th – 17th. We acknowledge Covid is an ever-changing feature of our lives these days and public health guidelines and Scouts Canada pandemic restriction in place at the time of Quest may prevent the camp from happening. Still we want to be optimistic and pro-active and therefore are making registration available now.
Taking Covid into account, the following will be our payment and refund policies for 2022.
All participants must be registered with Scouts Canada by April30th. Adults must have completed all screening and training requirements and be listed as “active” in MyScouts.
1. We encourage all youth and adults wanting to participate in Quest to register as soon as possible. This will confirm your spot and will also allow the team to get a feel for how many people will be attending.
2 All youth and adult registrations are to include paperwork that must be submitted in paper form (see Registration Page for details).
3 All youth registrations are to include a deposit of $150, and adult registrations are to include a deposit of $100 (cash, cheque or e-transfer). This deposit will be 100% refunded if Quest cannot run due to covid-19 restrictions.
4. Full registration fees of $385 for youth and $220 for adult volunteers must be received by April 30th, 2022. This will be 100% refunded if Quest cannot run due to Covid 19 restrictions.
5. The Quest team will make a “go/ no-go” decision no later than May 15th, based on the status of Covid restriction in place at that time. If the decision in to cancel the camp, all moneys paid to date will be refunded in full.
6. Once full fees are paid, refunds, less the full deposit amount, will be considered on an individual basis for medical reasons only.
7. If the Covid situation changes after a decision to proceed has been made and the camp is no longer possible, all fees will be refunded.
Camp Alloway/Whiteshell, MB July 9-17
Quest is a canoe tripping camp for youth, who are Second year scouts and older (usually 12 years old at the beginning of the scouting year). Adults from any section are welcome to come along
Quest 2019 explored the Experimental Lakes Area in Northwestern Ontario. There was no 2020 or 2021 Quest due to the nasty virus. We are Hoping for a Quest in 2022 to The Whiteshell July 9-17.
If you want to participate in Quest, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. those who indicate an interest will receive advance notice when registrations become available. Quest camps fill up quickly and potential Questers will need to return paperwork promptly to avoid disappointment. Registration closes April 30, 2022.
Pre-Camp is scheduled for a Saturday, June 18 (tentative, location to-be-determined), and is a requirement to participate in Quest.
First Year Scouts and Youth moving from Cubs to Scouts in 2022 should consider attending Scoutlook, an introduction to canoeing and wilderness camping, normally held on the second week of August at Camp Alloway on Big Whiteshell Lake.