PAST Board Meeting
April 12, 2022
In Attendance: Fred Gaske, Hank Kratt, Martin Menz, Patrisha Meyers, Marie Prentice, Lee Yawn
1) TCC History festival and Expo
· A tremendous success with all brochures distributed and much attention.
2) Martin Menz and NSF Grant
· After much work and ambassadorship, Marty has been awarded the NSF Grant to continue with the Letchworth Project
· Marty has met with tribal nations about his idea of proxy dating the mound with evidence from the plaza without disturbing the mound and has garnered their support.
· The grant will assist with neutron activation analysis of ceramics and botanical sample analysis.
· Plans are to continue in cooler fall weather.
3) PAST Youtube Channel
· Up and running but will need tweaking and connecting site to channel.
· Glen Doran tribute meeting uploaded.
4) Membership update.
· Marie has shared Paypal memberships and Hank the mail in checks. Patty is compiling data and will give a more detailed analysis.
5) Martin House Meetings
· The in person meetings will continue for the PAST membership.
· Marty will be presenting via Zoom.
· Board meetings will continue via Zoom on second Tuesdays.
6) Glen Doran Scholarship update
· PAST will be working with Jeff Thomas to identify a graduate student to receive this one time award in the name of Glen Doran.
7) Other business and Adjournment
· Dailey-Doran Fish Fry well attended with Barabara Doran as special guest.
· Wakulla Springs Creature From the Black Lagoon screening well attended.
· Fred asks Marty for advice on what to see in upper peninsula of Michigan while on a tour of the area. Talk of Mackinac (pron Mackinaw) Island and Ed Green’s experiences.