Current Position: PostDoc since 01/05/2018 at the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems in Magdeburg.
- April 2018 - PhD in Mathematics. Title of the PhD thesis: ``Numerical solution of large-scale linear matrix equations". Advisor: Prof. V. Simoncini, Universita' di Bologna.
- September 2014 - Master degree in Mathematics cum laude. Title of the degree thesis: ``Preconditioning strategies for the numerical solution of convection-diffusion partial differential equations''. Advisor: Prof. V. Simoncini, Universita' di Bologna.
- December 2012 - Bachelor degree in Mathematics. Title of the degree thesis: ``Approssimazione di matrici e applicazione al text mining''. Advisor: Prof. V. Simoncini, Universita' di Bologna.
- June 2009 - Scientific high school degree at Liceo Scientifico Statale “Leonardo da Vinci”, Casalecchio di Reno (BO).
Click here for a complete CV.
Prizes and grants:
- January 2019 - one-semester Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM), Brown University, for the program "Model and dimension reduction in uncertain and dynamic systems".
- March 2018 - Funding from MIUR-DAAD Joint Mobility Program - 2nd Edition for the research project "Optimization and low-rank solvers for isogeometric analysis" (Coordinator: Prof. V. Simoncini, Università di Bologna, and Prof. M. Stoll, TU Chemnitz).
- December 2017 - SIAM Student Travel Award to attend the SIAM ALA 2018.
- October 2017 - Funding from INdAM-GNCS "Finanziamento Giovani Ricercatori" for the research project "Equazioni matriciali a più termini con applicazione alla dinamica strutturale".
- January 2017 - Funding from INdAM-GNCS for the research project ``Metodi numerici avanzati per equazioni e funzioni di matrici con struttura'' (Coordinator: Prof. B. Meini, Universita' di Pisa).
- October 2016 - SIAM Student Travel Award to attend the SIAM CSE 2017.
- June 2015 - SIAM Student Travel Award to attend the SIAM ALA 2015.
- January 2015 - Funding from INdAM-GNCS for the research project ``Metodi di regolarizzazione per problemi di ottimizzazione e applicazioni'' (Coordinator: Prof. S. Bellavia, Universita' di Firenze).
- July 2014 - Ph.D fellowship (XXXth cycle) at Dipartimento di Matematica, Universita' di Bologna.
- April 2013 - Atlantis Grant CAP Excel - Excellence in Complex Analysis and PDE Mobility.
- 25 April - 08 July 2016, Stockholm. Visiting Prof. E. Jarlebring, Dott. G. Mele and Dott. E. Ringh at the Department of Mathematics of KTH, Royal Institute of Technology.
- 01 March - 21 June 2014, Philadelphia. Student Visitor at the Department of Mathematics of Temple University, under the scientific supervision of Prof. D. B. Szyld.