Laboratory of Applied Qualitative Methodology (LAQM)
Ozana Cucu-Oancea, Senior Researcher PhD., Institute of Sociology, Romania Academy
Sorina Dumitrache, Lecturer PhD. University of Bucharest, Faculty of Sociology and Social Work; psychotherapist, psychological counselor, clinical psychologist; trainer assistant in counseling and psychotherapy, trainer of trainers, psychotherapist (unifying experiential psychotherapy centered on child-couple-family), competences in psychosexology, psychopathology and clinical psychology, unifying experiential therapy, individual and group unifying personal development.
Lucas Derks, social psychology researcher and NLP trainer, scientific member of the board of SOMPS, fellow member of The International Laboratory for Mental Space Research (Netherlands) From 1993 on, he became involved in the development of new methods in the field of social systems: The Social Panorama.
Alexandru Ioan MANEA, MD, psychologist, counselor and psychotherapist. He obtained his Master’s Degree in Psychotherapy and Psycho-Diagnosis in 2010 at the University of Bucharest. He is a psychotherapist trained in the Experiential Unifying Psychotherapy at the SPER Institute. He is also an NLP Master Practitioner and an NLP Coach and a LAB Profile Practitioner. He has his own private office where he practices psychotherapy and coaching with his clients and a company where he provides organizational psychology services to corporate clients.
Ismo Kantola, sociologist, researcher Docent PhD. University of Turku
The laboratory operates inside the Institute of Sociology (Romanian Academy) and aims to highlight and address topical issues in qualitative research, which are at the forefront of the international scientific community agenda:
- exploring, building and validating new qualitative methodologies;
- adjusting and applying qualitative methodologies for new areas of research;
- secondary analysis of qualitative data (ethical and methodological issues);
- designing and building a physical and electronic archive of qualitative data (ethical and methodological issues) in order to affiliation at the Romanian Social Data Archive (RODA);
- familiarizing with the use of various types of software for qualitative data (Atlas.ti, NVivo, Maxqda etc.);
- training specialists in the field of qualitative data handling (preservation, archiving, primary and secondary analyzing) and creating a research network for development this area.
- developing and applying qualitative methodologies in areas, such as sociology of emotions, sociology of celebration, values sociology, sociology of the family / community
- exploring and analyzing various personal documents
- using Grounded Theory methodology
- secondary analysis of qualitative data
- archiving qualitative data
Research programs (since 2011)
2011-2013 New trends and methodological approaches in qualitative social and human sciences
2014-2016 New methodologies in the qualitative social research
2017-2019 Qualitative methods and research technologies
Research grants (since 2011)
The celebration of Christmas. A qualitative analysis of the festive feeling from the longitudinal sociological perspective - grant CNCSIS postdoc: PN-II-PD-2011-3-0175:47/27.10.2011, project manager Ozana Cucu-Oancea (2011-2013)