If you don't want to wait for our schedule consider designing a workshop for your Company, Class, Colleagues, School, or Community
When Our Schedule
Doesn't Match Your Schedule
Consider a Custom Designed Workshop
OTOA CUSTOM DESIGNED WORKSHOPS are an opportunity to design an OTOA Workshop that fits your needs, budget, and schedule.
All OTOA CUSTOM DESIGNED WORKSHOPS are led by OTOA Founder & Master Teacher Gia Forakis.
OTOA CUSTOM DESIGNED WORKSHOPS have a suggested minimum of 6 participants and need to be scheduled 4 - 6 weeks in advance of the desired date(s).
OTOA CUSTOM DESIGNED WORKSHOPS can be tailored for various disciplines and are excellent for a variety of groups, including:
• Your Theater or Dance Company
• Performing Arts Classes (for adults or kids)
• Stage & Film Directors
• Playwrights & Screenwriters
• Your Current Cast / Performers
• Active Projects in Development
• Public Speakers / Office Managers
• Community Center / Continuing Ed.
• Alternative Wellness Center
OR Your group of Colleagues, Collaborators or Close Friends
"OTOA is such a tangible intuitive technique that frees [performers] to experience more than they could have dreamed of. It is a daring refreshing challenge for the actor to be in the present. It is, in fact, an [performer’s] life jacket" - Paige Schnell, Actor/Author
OTOA Workshop Benefits
OTOA CUSTOM DESIGNED WORKSHOPS offer an intensive introduction to the well regarded OTOA exercises.
OTOA CUSTOM DESIGNED WORKSHOPS address the Principles & Techniques in either application
• How to expand your physical vocabulary
• Clarity, versatility, physical vitality and dynamics
• Specific tools for the performer preparing for a role/public speaking
• Specific tools for the director for achieving clarity on stage & screen
• Content-Driven Physical Action (CDPA)
• Introducing the 6 Aspects for Creative Influence
• Clarifying goals
• Identifying obstacles
• Reinvigorating potential
• Synchronizing a holistic sense of purpose
Gia is available to travel for all custom workshops. They can be held at your group's location. or, depending on size, they can be held at our Brooklyn, NY studio location, or at a rented location Manhattan, NY at an additional cost determined on on a case-by-case basis.
Cost varies based on the size of the workshop, time, duration, and location (we are able to offer a lower rate if the workshop is at our Brooklyn studio). A minimum of 6 participants is required. Payment is accepted by cash, check or Pay Pal.
How to start designing your workshop?
Consider the following topics:
- Area of Study/Focus: OTOA PTT or OTOA CLP
- Size of Your Group: 6 participants minimum
- Your Dates: 4-6 wks advanced notice is requested
- Time Duration: Number of days and hours are considered in conjunction with content and goals for the workshop
- Goals & Expectations: Having a general idea of your goals is a useful way for us to begin constructing the most beneficial workshop for your group.
- Contact us with your workshop ideas or questions: OTOA.email@example.com
- Please add "OTOA" in the Subject Header
"I do not teach acting. I teach One-Thought-One-Action, a formalization and exploration of the intuitive mind-body connection, a method, theory and technique for performance, a tool for stage & film directing and collaboration, and a creative life practice." - Gia Forakis, OTOA Founder & Master Teacher