Click the BLUE Arrow to Download Meet info & 2015 Course Maps
58th Punahou Cross Country Invitational Meet Results>2014 Season Meet Results
TO: Girls Cross Country Coach
Boys Cross Country Coach
The sixtieth Annual Punahou Invitational Cross Country Meet will be held on Saturday, October 8, 2016 on the Punahou School campus.
PLEASE COMPLETE ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION AT WWW.ATHLETIC.NET BY
MONDAY. October 3, 2016
If you have not already registered your team, please go to www.athletic.net and create a free coaches’ account.
Approximate schedule on race day:
COURSES: The course will be held on the campus of Punahou School. Maps are attached and will be provided on race
ELIGIBILITY: General Rules
1. All contestants must meet the eligibility requirements of their own interscholastic league.
2. All contestants must have had a complete medical examination within three (3) months prior to the run.
3. All 2-mile races will be completed in 30 minutes and all 3-mile races will be completed in 35 minutes.
Any runners who have not completed the course may be asked to stop.
SPECIFIC RULES: (Both Boys and Girls races)
1. No runner may compete in more than one division.
2. The Intermediate races are open to runners in grades 7 and 8.
3. Note that the order of events will be such that all 2.0 mile races will be run first, followed by all 3.0 mile
4. The Girls Open race will be 2 miles and is open to runners in grades 9 through 12
5. The Boys Junior Varsity race will be 3 miles and open to runners in grades 9 through 11 who have never
participated in their League Varsity Championships or the HHSAA State Meet.
6. The Girls and Boys Varsity races will be 3 miles and are open to runners in grades 9 through 12.
1. All contestants are required to wear Cross Country uniforms of shirt and pants which designate their
2. Shoes are required and the use of spikes is not allowed.
3. Athletes will be given a number at the end of the race. That finishing number is unique to this event so
coaches and athletes will NOT be asked to write a number on their arm.
ENTRIES & SCORING:
1. Five (5) contestants must finish the race to qualify for team scoring. If a team has six or seven finishers,
runners six and seven may affect team scoring by displacing scoring members of other teams.
2. Participants representing schools with less than five finishers may qualify for individual awards but will
not affect positioning for team scores.
3. Scorers need not be designated before the race.
1. Individual medals will be awarded to the top 10 runners in each race.
2. Team trophies will be awarded upon request to the top three teams in each race.
3. Non-scorers are eligible for individual awards.
YOUR ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION AT WWW.ATHLETIC.NET IS DUE
MONDAY. October 3, 2016
CROSS COUNTRY COURSE RULES
PUNAHOU SCHOOL CAMPUS
Each competitor is responsible for knowing the race route, though monitors may sometimes help out by
giving directions. Please look at the course map and/or ask for directions before the race.
Most of the monitors will be students, and will often be athletes not competing in that particular race.
Visiting schools are invited and encouraged to contribute monitors or other assistants for the officials. (See a
Punahou coach for details.) Any monitor or other race official may take action on an observed violation. All
violations will be reported to the Head Finish Judge for final decision.
Following are the rules for running the course: The purpose of these procedures is to allow
competitors to enjoy good fair competition and to prevent misunderstanding.
1. SHORT CUTS NOT ALLOWED:
2. Never run more than six (6) feet inside the course line where it curves.
3. You must follow the course line around all obstacles (such as trees, flags, posts, bushes,
road barriers, etc.).
4. If you do take one of the improper short cuts, you may correct it by going back to your
last legal position on the course and then continuing on.
6. Spikes are not allowed