Have you ever wondered...
- How your sense of smell (or sight) affects how food tastes?
- What factors impact how high a basketball bounces (or how far a football is thrown)?
- What type of bridge structure holds the most weight?
Have you ever wanted to...
- Build and launch a model rocket powered by sugar?
- Watch mold grow on food for days...or weeks?
- Create a Mentos-and-soda geyser?
The Oak Knoll Science Fair
The science fair is a chance for you to ask a science question you are curious about, propose an answer, do experiments to test your answer, and present the results to your friends!
To participate in the science fair, you need to come up with a topic, which is a science question and answer you’d like to test. Not sure what to do? Here's help finding a topic. Once you’ve found a topic, register for the science fair. Then, design some experiments to test whether your answer is correct. Do the experiments and write down the results. On Science Fair day, present what you did!
You can do a project on your own or partner with a friend.
The science fair will be held on two evenings:
Grades 2 & 3: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Grades 4 & 5: Thursday, March 19, 2020
Oak Knoll Gym (6:30 - 7:30pm)