THE OBJECTIVES OF THE NATIONAL PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To being into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education
The mission of the PTA is three-fold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
What is PTA's role?
At the high school level, PTA's role is significantly different than that which you may have experienced at the elementary or even middle school buildings.
OHHS is a thriving community of learning, activity and events - from music to drama to athletics to special-interest clubs. We have phenomenal teachers and mentors who are leading these efforts, which is a key factor in why Oak Hills continually receives and EXCELLENT rating.
OHHS PTA's primary focus is on the student. Our key fundraising and manpower efforts go toward:
- After Prom - in the spring provide a safe, fun and over-the-top event for more than 1,000 students on one of the most exciting but potentially dangerous nights of the school year.
- Student Scholarships in the spring helps our graduating seniors begin their next journey of life longing learning.
Our key fundraising is our Ladies Night Out/Fashion Show that raises the bulk of the money to fund the student scholarships, teacher mini grants, staff appreciation, hospitality and a small part of After Prom.
Considerable PTA effort is also spent on supporting our outstanding staff and faculty. We provide hospitality support at such events as College Night and Veteran's Day, but significant effort is put towards the Staff Appreciation Week which is always enjoyed by our dedicated staff.
PTA begins with P - the parent. Without that we cannot operate and we have no reason to exist. The OHHS community has a strong tradition of support that we hope will continue. To honor our parents, PTA began email communications to help keep parents informed. If you are interested in receiving these emails with news and upcoming deadlines, please make sure that we have a viable parent email address for you when you join PTA.