I am a Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics at Swansea University. My research interests are applied algebraic geometry, and commutative algebra, in particular, their applications for solving problems arising in geometric modeling and Computer Aided Geometric Design (CAGD). Here is a list of my publications. Previously, from 2013 to 2017, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Group of Symbolic Computation at RICAM, in Linz, Austria.
Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Oslo, Norway, 2013.
M.Sc., Mathematics, University of Bordeaux 1, France, 2007
Leiden University, The Netherlands, 2006
Erasmus Mundus Master ALGANT: ALgebra, Geometry And Number Theory.
B.Sc., Mathematics, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá, 2005.
*I also studied Microbiology for one year (2000-2001) at the Universidad de Pamplona, Colombia.
- III Encuentro de Mujeres Matemáticas en América Latina, Bogotá, Colombia, November 30-December 4, 2020 (I'm part of the scientific committee).
- CIMPA Research School: Geometric methods in combinatorics ECCO 2020, June 16-27, 2020 (I'm part of the organizing committee).
- Dagstuhl Seminar, Geometric Modeling: Interoperability and New Challenges, May 24-29, 2020.
- INdAM Workshop: Geometric Challenges in Isogeometric Analysis, Rome, Italy, January 27-31, 2020.
- Algebraic Spline Geometry & 9th LMS Network meeting on Applied Algebra and Geometry, Swansea University, August 21-23, 2019 (I am the local organizer).
Not many conferences can brag about having an announcement in Welsh !
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, I'm organizing together with Michael DiPasquale the Mini-symposium on Multivariate spline approximation and algebraic geometry, Bern, Switzerland, July 9-13, 2019.
- Días de Combinatoria, Universidad del Cauca, Popayán, Colombia, July 15-26, 2019 (I am part of the organizing committee).
- Structure preserving discretizations: FEMs, Splines, and IGA, University of Pittsburgh, May 31-June1, 2019.
- Approximation Theory Meeting, Minisymposium on Recent Advances in Multivariate Splines, May 19-22, Nashville, TN, 2019.
- Isogeometric Splines: Theory and Applications, Banff International Research Station, Alberta, Canada, February 24 - March 1, 2019.
- ICERM Real Algebraic Geometry and Optimization, Brown University, USA, October 15-19, 2018.
- LMS Applied Algebra and Geometry, Swansea University, September 10, 2018 (I am the local organizer).
- CIMPA School: Combinatorics meets Algebra, Geometry and Optimization ECCO2018 & 6th Encuentro Colombiano de Combinatoria, Barranquilla, Colombia, June 4-15, 2018 (I am part of the organizing committee).
- Computational and Geometric Design, Optimization, and Optimal control, Del Rosario University, Bogotá, Colombia, April 4, 2018.
- Applied Algebra and Combinatorics (LMS, celebrating new appointments) , Swansea, UK, March 9th, 2018 (I am the organizer).
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, July 31-August 4, 2017 (slides).
- SoapboxScience 2017 Swansea, Oxford Street SA1 3AE, Swansea, UK, Saturday July 8, 2017.
- BIRS-CMO workshop, Computational Algebra and Geometric Modeling, Oaxaca, México, August 7-12, 2016.
Other event participation:
- Disorder Under Heaven: A Masterclass with Slavoj Zizek, Birkbeck University of London, April 29-30, 2019.
- 2nd Software & Industrial Workshop, Cambridge, UK, January 28-31, 2019.
- G10 Festival van de economie en de filosofie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, March 24-25, 2017.
- ITP Conference, Orlando, Florida, USA, July 8-10, 2016.