Since January 2017, I am a Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics at Swansea University. My research interests are applied algebraic geometry, and commutative algebra, in particular, their applications for solving problems arising in geometric modeling and Computer Aided Geometric Design (CAGD). Here is a list of my publications (with abstracts). Previously, from 2013 to 2017, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Group of Symbolic Computation at RICAM, in Linz, Austria.
Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Oslo, Norway, 2013.
M.Sc., Mathematics, University of Bordeaux 1, France, 2007
Leiden University, The Netherlands, 2006
Erasmus Mundus Master ALGANT: ALgebra, Geometry And Number Theory.
B.Sc., Mathematics, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá, 2005.
*I also studied Microbiology for one year (2000-2001) at the Universidad de Pamplona, Colombia.
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, I'm organizing together with Michael DiPasquale the Mini-symposium on Multivariate spline approximation and algebraic geometry, Bern, Switzerland, July 9-13, 2019.
- Días de Combinatoria, Universidad del Cauca, Popayán, Colombia, June 4-15, 2019 (I am part of the organizing committee).
- Structure preserving discretizations: FEMs, Splines, and IGA, University of Pittsburgh, May 31-June1, 2019.
- Isogeometric Splines: Theory and Applications, Banff International Research Station, Alberta, Canada, February 24 - March 1, 2019.
- ICERM Real Algebraic Geometry and Optimization, Brown University, USA, October 15-19, 2018.
- Applied and Computational Geometry, Centre for Geometry and Applications, Loughborough University, September 12-14, 2018.
- LMS Applied Algebra and Geometry, Swansea University, September 10, 2018 (I am the local organizer).
- ARCADES Doctoral School II, Barcelona, Spain, September 3-7, 2018.
- CIMPA School: Combinatorics meets Algebra, Geometry and Optimization ECCO2018 & 6th Encuentro Colombiano de Combinatoria, Barranquilla, Colombia, June 4-15, 2018 (I am part of the organizing committee).
- Crash course on Algebraic Spline Geometry, Loughborough University, April 20, 2018.
- Computational and Geometric Design, Optimization, and Optimal control, Del Rosario University, Bogotá, Colombia, April 4, 2018.
- Applied Algebra and Combinatorics (LMS, celebrating new appointments) , Swansea, UK, March 9th, 2018 (I am the organizer).
- Applied Algebra and Geometry, Oxford, UK, September 21, 2017.
- Toric Degenerations Focused Research Workshop, Bristol, UK, August 21-24, 2017.
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, July 31-August 4, 2017 (slides).
- SoapboxScience 2017 Swansea, Oxford Street SA1 3AE, Swansea, UK, Saturday July 8, 2017.
- International conference On Effective Methods in Algebraic Geometry MEGA2017, Nice, France, June 12-16, 2017.
- Polar geometry, Oslo, Norway, January 26-28, 2017.
- 1st Doctoral School, ARCADES, Oslo, Norway, November 28 - December 2, 2016.
- BIRS-CMO workshop, Computational Algebra and Geometric Modeling, Oaxaca, México, August 7-12, 2016.
- 5th Encuentro Colombiano de Combinatoria & CIMPA Research School: Algebraic, Enumerative and Geometric Combinatorics - ECCO 2016, Medellín, Colombia, June 13-24, 2016 (I am part of the organizing committee).
- CIMPA-ICTP Research School Toric methods in geometry, arithmetics, and dynamics, Santiago, Chile, January 11-22, 2016.
- Workshop on Multivariate Splines and Algebraic Geometry, Oberwolfach, Germany, April 19-25, 2015.
Other event participation:
- G10 Festival van de economie en de filosofie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, March 24-25, 2017.
- ITP Conference, Orlando, Florida, USA, July 8-10, 2016.
Teaching semester 2 (2016/17 2017/18 and 2018/19):
Teaching semester 1 (2017/18 and 2018/19):