The Norfolk County County Staff Sports and Social Club has been going in one form or another since the 1940s, and from small beginnings has grown into its current form, and sits in a club house within County Hall grounds on Martineau Lane. We have around 2,000 members, and a series of good facilities including outdoor tennis courts, a bowls green, 2 snooker tables, 2 pool tables, table tennis, darts, access to a good selection of fishing waters in Norfolk, an excellent value bar with an ever changing selection of real ale and a function room for hire. Anyone who works for NCC can join for just £2.50 a month. If you work in partnership with NCC, or for a local authority in Norfolk, or for a school you could be able to o join as well. Please ask !! NEW - Friends and Family Membership - vouch for up to 5 friends and family.
- £2.50 per month or £5.00 for family membership (£30/£60 p/a) - less if you are an apprentice
- Directly from your pay (if employed by NCC or certain other employers).
- Or one annual payment by cheque or BACS
What you get
- Free Entry to the Social Club, including varied entertainment
- Can sign in 5 guests, subject to social club rules
- Use of the club facilities
- Access to a broad range of sports clubs
- An excellent value bar
Our Amazing Value Bar
- Real Ale from £2.50 a pint
- Beers/Ciders from £2.30 a pint
- PLUS Monday to Friday, buy 4 pints of for the price of 3 before 7pm - share a jug with your colleagues before going home…
- Coffee - a good selection from £1.15
- Wine - a good selection from £2.00
- Coke - £1.90 a pint
- J20 - £1.80
- Hot Food Friday Lunchtimes
- Lots of snacks
- Pool Tables (50p, free Monday nights)
- Table Tennis
- Snooker (from £3.00 an hour)
- A selection of other games
Categories of Membership
- Full Membership (£2.50 a month or £30.00 a year)
- Full membership of the social club is for employees of NCC, Norse group, schools, academies, probation, fire, police civilians and other Norfolk based local government staff, as well as companies working in partnership with local government or performing functions previously carried out by local government.
- Apprentice Membership (£1 a month)
- Apprentice membership of the social club is for apprentices in local government.
- Retained Membership (£30 a year)
- Retained membership is for social club members being made redundant, and enables them to continue to enjoy the club after leaving.
- Retired Membership (one off payment £30 or £60)
- Existing social club members can get lifetime membership on retirement for a one off fee of £30.
- Eligible non-social club members can join as a lifetime member for a one-off fee of £60 on retirement.
- Sports Club Membership
- Under certain conditions, people not normally eligible to join the social club may be permitted to join as long as they also join one of our sports clubs. If approved, membership is payable annually at £30.00
- Family Membership
- Partners of members are allowed to join the social club for a sum of an additional £2.50 a month, or £30 annually.