We have a wide and ever changing range of events and entertainments to suit everyone. And we're always keen to try things out - so if you've got an idea we'd be keen to hear it.
You can email us with suggestions on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Early Bird Quiz
- 2nd Friday of each month 5.45pm - 7.00pm
- Light hearted fun quiz, Free to enter, teams of 5 people maximum
- Free drinks for the winning team, free chocolate frogs for the team in last place
The Main Quiz
- Last Friday of each month 8.00pm - 10.30pm (ish)
- £1 per person to enter, Teams of up to 6 people
- Cash Prizes
Various local bands and singers play at the club from time to time - check the events page for details.
- To give a flavour, in the past we've had: Rise (Rock Music), Neil Francis (Pop), Stone Cold Sober (Rock & Blues), The Cleaving Heavages (unique!) AJ (singer & comedienne), Joe Goes Green (acoustic) plus more...
- We have at least 2 beer festivals a year, a mini-St Georges one around St Georges day, and a ‘main’ beer festival in November (including live music). Entry is free and no queuing...
- We have a regular programme of special events, including Casino nights, DVD horse racing, family Bingo, 1940s night, themed discos, themed meal evenings, BBQs, open sports competitions, and regular childrens parties with Freddies disco, games and prizes.
Somewhere to escape
- The social club provides an easy to access oasis of calm to escape the working day at lunchtime. Hot food available on Friday lunchtimes, and you are also welcome to bring your own lunch.
What Makes Us Different
We're a members only social club - run by the members for the members. All members are equal, and that means a friendly, relaxed atmosphere and a great place to socialise. It also means that we're a 'not-for-profit' organisation - any proceeds from bar takings and events all get invested back into the club. All the money that goes into the bingo gets paid out in prizes, the same with quizzes and so on. This means great value at all times.