Upcoming Audition Dates
Workshop - January 11th: 10am - 1pm
Auditions - January 13th & 14th: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Callbacks - January 16th
What to prepare
Be prepared to sing 16-32 measures of a theatre song in the style of Chicago. Also, come ready to rehearse and perform a dance taught by our choreographers.
Some tips for a successful audition experience!
Auditioning for a drama production can be very nerve wracking, and scary to some people. But, there is no need to worry! The drama staff at MPHS would like you to know we are rooting for you, and want the best audition for you possible. Here our some of our tips on auditioning:
1) BREATHE. Taking a long breath before your audition can help calm your nerves, and make you more comfortable before your audition.
2) Come prepared. Have all required audition materials with you, and conflicts you may have with the rehearsal schedule. All requirements will be found on the audition announcement.
3) Water. Water helps for all auditions, musical or straight plays. Drink water all day before you audition, and before you take the stage to audition.
4) Relax. Stressing out about an audition is not cool! The drama department staff is rooting for everyone who comes out to audition. Relax, and take your audition by the horns and show us what you are made of!
5) Practice. Do not make your audition be the first time you are working with the material. For a musical audition, practice at home to ensure you know your music. For straight play auditions which require a monologue audition, practice it before you come to the audition. Remember, practice makes perfect!