Jess Gramp: Collaborative plugin development discussion, 10 Dec 2015

Post date: 17-Dec-2015 18:30:38

The big issue we discussed during our group's discussion on feedback hubs was that students don't know how to get their feedback!

Several existing solutions to student dashboards in Moodle that were discussed include:

• At Loughborough College students see their grade in relation to the average.

• At Queen Mary's they have something which also shows grades in relation to the class average - still in development.

• One other institution moves and renames 'assessments' to 'feedback', so students know it is where they get their feedback - they aren't aware it's the same item, just moved and renamed.

• UCL is developing and piloting a My feedback report to show students their grades and feedback across courses.

Some additional ideas we discussed include:

• Making feedback available from student profiles - like in the Essential theme - My grades exists, but you could also have My feedback.

• Currently in the My Feedback report, the quiz feedback link just takes students to an overview of their attempts list and from there students don't know to click on their attempt link to see the feedback attached to each question. Perhaps up to 3 attempts could show, then click for more, so students can immediately see their feedback and not have to hunt for it.

Posted on behalf of Jess Gramp, UCL.