CLICK HERE for Information about the UPCOMING NABT/BSCS AP Biology Teacher Academy to be held on July 19-24, 2015 at Michigan State University
Building a strong network of biology educators in our state is especially important as we work together to implement the important changes in biology education called for by the Next Generation Science Standards, Advanced Placement Biology Curriculum Framework, and Vision and Change in Undergraduate Biology Education.
Objectives of MABT
- Develop a professional learning community of biology educators that are united in their commitment to implementing reform in biology education.
- Connect teachers to resources and professional development opportunities to promote effective teaching and learning in biology classrooms.
We will connect and support Michigan biology teachers through series of workshops during 2013 – 2014. These goals of these workshops are:
- To grow the MABT community, facilitate networking of Michigan biology teachers, and share resources from NABT, BSCS, and HHMI.
- Provide experiences that allow teachers to engage in the practices of science and deepen their content knowledge.
- Share research-based strategies for formative and summative assessment that enable teachers to develop effective instruction for diverse learners.
- Support teachers in analyzing and revising their own curriculum and instruction to better reflect the new national frameworks.