Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages
- French Prosody
- Perception and production
- French Regional Varieties (Belgium, France, Switzerland)
- L2 varieties of French (‘Français Fédéral’, African French)
- Phonostyles et phonogenres
- French syntax
- Left and Right Peripheries
- Parentheticals and epistemic verbs
- Parataxes and clause linking
- Speech corpora and annotation tools
- Prominence perception and detection
- Prosodic boundaries
- PoS tagging et chunking
Contact be my mail, or find me on
Current project on Regional French accents
- In the framework of a project financed by the Swiss National Foundation (click here for more information), and in collaboration with Philippe Boula de Mareüil, I am currently running perception tests to evaluate the capacity of French listeners to discriminate different accents of regional French. If you are a native French speaker from Belgium, France or Switzerland, click here to participate.
- Find me in the pages of the Coopération magazine, for which I was interviewed to talk about Swiss French accents.
Corpus & Tools
- With George Christodoulides, we are currently working on a PoS tagging of the corpus of French spoken in Switzerland, OFROM. More news to come soon.
- With Adrian Leeman, we organize a satellite workshop on Phonetics of Dialectal Variation at the next PaPE conference which will be held in Cambridge in June. Stay tuned for more information.