Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages
- Variation in French
- European varieties (Belgium, France, Switzerland)
- In-contact varieties of French (‘Français Fédéral’, African French)
- Speaking styles and phonogenres
- Prosody/Syntax Interface
- Left and Right Peripheries
- Parentheticals and epistemic verbs
- Parataxes and clause linking
- Speech corpora and annotation tools
- Prominence perception and detection
- Prosodic boundaries
- PoS tagging et chunking
Contact be my mail, or find me on
Last update 2015/07/14
- The chapter on French-ToBI, to which I participated in, was just recently released. Click on the picture for more information:
Participez à nos enquêtes sur le français régional !
- Perception des accents de Belgique, de France et de Suisse [lien]
- Les mots et les phrases de nos régions [lien]
- Les mots et les phrases de nos régions dans le domaine francoprovençal [lien]
- La prononciation dans le domaine francoprovençal [lien]
Current projects on Regional French varieties
A crowdsourcing approach to lexical, syntactic and phonological variation in European French. Check our blog!
- Phonetics and phonology of European French varieties.
The corpus of French spoken in Switzerland (OFROM) has been updated. The database was entirely PoS tagged with Dismo. It is now possible to look for some syntactic structures and not only chains of words. Give a try and let us some comment!
Upcoming talks and conferences
- My colleague George Christodoulides will present some tools we developped during the next Interspeech conference (Dresden, September, 6-10).
- With J. Glikman, we are organizing a workshop on crowdsourcing approach to regional variation in French on the 23rd of October. More information to come soon!