Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages
- French Prosody
- Perception and production
- French Regional Varieties (Belgium, France, Switzerland)
- L2 varieties of French (‘Français Fédéral’, African French)
- Phonostyles et phonogenres
- French syntax
- Left and Right Peripheries
- Parentheticals and epistemic verbs
- Parataxes and clause linking
- Speech corpora and annotation tools
- Prominence perception and detection
- Prosodic boundaries
- PoS tagging et chunking
Contact be my mail, or find me on
Last update 2015/03/04
Upcoming talks and conferences
- With Adrian Leeman, we organize a satellite workshop on Phonetics of Dialectal Variation at the next PaPE conference which will be held in Cambridge in June. Stay tuned for more information.
Tools and Data
Publications The corpus of French spoken in Switzerland (OFROM) has been updated. The database was entirely PoS tagged with Dismo. It is now possible to look for some syntactic structures and not only chains of words. Give a try and let u some comment!
Current project on Regional French Accents
- In the framework of a project financed by the Swiss National Foundation (click here for more information), and in collaboration with Philippe Boula de Mareüil, I am currently running perception tests to evaluate the capacity of French listeners to discriminate different accents of regional French. If you are a native French speaker from Belgium, France or Switzerland, click here to participate.
- Find me in the pages of the Coopération magazine, for which I was interviewed to talk about Swiss French accents.