Nelson Award Nomination
Robert Nelson Award
Robert Nelson was the coordinator of the Long Island Science Congress for over 40 years. He dedicated countless hours to the development of the congress as a location for young researchers to share their findings. Robert Nelson's goal was for every student to be able to conduct independent scientific research in their school.
Criteria for Robert Nelson Award Nomination:
- Research was conducted in the student's school, independent of universities and research institutions.
- The work of the nominee(s) should be independent in nature:
- student(s) came up with their own research question
- student(s) required minimal guidance in experimental design and execution
- student(s) collected and analyzed their data
- student(s) came to their own conclusions after data analysis
- Directions for Liaisons:
- Each school may nominate one project in each grade level (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th) to apply for this award.
- The nomination period is now closed.
- Robert Nelson Award nominations open March 1, 2019
- Robert Nelson Award nominations close (received by mail) March 30, 2019
- Mail nominations to: Phil Sheridan, 7 Wendover Road, East Setauket, NY 11733