Welcome to my page!
My name is Leslie Jiménez.
Currently, I am a full time researcher at University of Chile, Science Faculty, Math department.
I was a postdoc at Linköping University from January 2015 until January 2017.
I was a PhD student visitor at Linköping University from November 2013 to February 2014, under the supervision of Milagros Izquierdo.
Before I did my graduate and master studies at University of Chile, Science Faculty, Math department.
EMAIL: email@example.com (work) firstname.lastname@example.org (personal)
Phone: +56 9787309
Adress: Las Palmeras 3425, Ñuñoa, Santiago. Departamento de Matemáticas
Currently I am doing research in didactic of mathematics. Specifically, I am working with the framework of Mathematical Working Spaces; analysing mathematic working of graduate students at University of Chile.
I did my PhD in the field of complex geometry. Especifically in the area of algebraic curves, Riemann surfaces and their Jacobian varieties.
- Jiménez, L., Menares, R., Pomareda, R. Tareas que activan un trabajo matemático completo en los estudiantes de pedagogía. Pre-print accepted in the proceedings of ETM6 international conference, IMA-PUCV, Valparaíso (2018).
- Jiménez, L., Ärlebäck, J. B. (accepted, pending press). Using the Mathematical Working Space model as a lens on geometry in the Swedish mathematics upper secondary curriculum. In J. Häggström, J. B. Ärlebäck, M. Fahlgren, M. Johansson, O. Olande, & Y. Liljekvist (Eds.) (in press), Perspectives on Professional development of mathematics teachers, Proceedings of MDIF11: The 11th Swedish Mathematics Education Research Seminar, Karlstad, 23-28 January 2018 (pp. XX-XX). SMDF.
- Izquierdo, M. Jiménez, L. Rojas. A. Decompositions of Jacobian varieties with certain dihedral actions. Sent to Journal of Algebra (2016).
- Hidalgo, R.; Jiménez, L.; Quispe, S.; Reyes-Carocca, S. Quasiplatonic curves with symmetry group Z22⋊Zm are definable over Q. Accepted (2016). Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society.
- Jiménez, L. On the group algebra decomposition of a Jacobian variety. Revista de la Real Academia de Ciencias Exactas, Físicas y Naturales. Serie A. Matemáticas, 110 (1), 185-199 (2016).
Non academic activities
- Currently taking classes of Swedish language.
- Singing classes of popular singing and jazz.
- Dancing Swing dances: Lindy hop, charleston, Shag.
- Ice skating (figure and long distance)
- Traveling as much I can
Links of interests (Academic)