International Folk Dance Camp in the Midwest
Northern Illinois University
June 1-4, 2017
June Camp 2017
Live music parties with the Pinewoods Band:
Tom Pixton, Ralph Iverson & Patrick Yacono
Regional "June Camp," a tradition in the Midwest folk dance community, will celebrate its 60th anniversary this year. We are excited to announce that the camp will be held in a comfortable and convenient new location: Northern Illinois University, in DeKalb, IL, located 60 miles west of Chicago and 100 miles south of Madison.
(That puts it 90 miles from Milwaukee and 280 miles from St. Louis.)
- Everything in one building, the Holmes Student Center – dancing, dining, housing – no walking for meals
- Air-conditioning in the entire student center
- Excellent huge ballroom for dancing with a balcony for relaxing and watching
- Fine audio capabilities and a stage for the musicians
- Lodging in beautiful University Hotel setting
- Hotel rooms with private bath, fridge, microwave, coffee maker
- Some hotel rooms can accommodate up to 4 people, and roll-aways are available
- Meals catered
- Festive anniversary banquet on Saturday evening
- Location is more centrally located for regional groups
- Attractive campus
- NIU is a State University so we’ve needed to make some adjustments
- Alcohol policy is stricter - no accessible alcohol permitted in the dance space
- Alcohol is only allowed in hotel rooms or the “Hospitality Suite” (hence no more official “Happy Hour” gathering)
- The Student Center has set hours when it closes, so we will need to cap the evening dance parties earlier, but individuals can continue to have after-hour parties in their rooms or the Hospitality Suite
- We have 70 hotel rooms available on site and will be giving preference for those enrolled full-time and sharing a room - great way to meet new friends! There will be additional housing available in dormitories, if the hotel fills up.
For a printable PDF flyer of this information, download the file below.
for registration materials including online registration
in early April.
We look forward to having you dance with us!
For more information and to get on the email list, contact the committee at JuneCampIFD@gmail.com or Mady Newfield by phone at 630-584-0825.
June Camp International Folk Dance Camp in the Midwest