- Awarded NSF dissertation improvement grant
- Teaching summer term Principles of Microeconomics
- "Economics of the World beyond the Textbook: Two Methods for Teaching," has been accepted at Journal of Economics and Finance Education
- "Information Effects in Multi-Unit Dutch Auctions" has been accepted at Southern Economic Journal
- Eastern Economic Association Meeting, D.C.
- "The Global Challenge of Inequality," Foreign Policy and the Scottish Government, D.C.
- APEE conference, Las Vegas
Nov - Presented "Labor Supply Response to Price Level Shocks" and "Who Wins in the Game of Capitalism" at the Southern Economic Association meeting in Atlanta, GASummer - I participated in a summer research school in Barcelona and I taught "International Economic Policy" to GMU undergraduates.
April - My band "The Confounded Nuisances" won the Best in Show award at the annual ICES Talent Show
Jan - My paper "An Experiment on Protecting Intellectual Property" with Bart Wilson is accepted at Experimental Economics
2012Nov - Presented at Economic Science Association meeting in Tucson, AZ
June - Visited Chapman U. to work on research and was Instructor for an experimental economics workshop at GMU
May - Presented "Recession Preceded by Capital Inflows" at ICES, GMU
- Published “Underwater Recession,” with Steven Gjerstad and Vernon L. Smith. The American Interest, May/June 2012.
Mar. - Gave Brown bag presentation "Information Effects in Multi-Unit Dutch Auctions" at George Mason U.
Jan. - Taught "Gold Diggers: Economic development in the wake of the California gold rush" at Chapman University
- Discussant, Experimental Economics, Accounting and Society: A Conference in Memory of John Dickhaut, Orange, CA
2011Nov. - Southern Economic Association meeting
Aug - Began my Ph.D. studies at George Mason U. and ICES, Mercatus Graduate Fellow
July - Published op-ed online at The Financial Times, with Steve Gjerstad and Vernon Smith
June - Presented "An Experiment on Protecting Intellectual Property" at the Becker Center at U. Chicago