- Barriers to Riches by Stephen L. Parente and Edward C. Prescott
- Rulers, Religion and Riches: Why the West Got Rich and the Middle East Did Not by Jared Rubin
- WAR! What Is It Good For? Conflict and the Progress of Civilization from Primates to Robots by Ian Morris
- The Economics of Growth by Phillippe Aghion and Peter Howitt
- Syverson, "What Determines Productivity"
- Lucas, "Making a Miracle"
- Stokey, "Catching Up and Falling Behind"
- Stokey, "A Quantitative Model of the British Industrial Revolution"
- Hirshleifer, "Anarchy and Its Breakdown"
- Thompson and Faith, "A Pure Theory of Strategic Behavior and Social Institutions"
- North, "Institutions and Economic Growth: An Historical Introduction"
- Acemoglu, et al, "The Colonial Origins of Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation"
- Dell and Olken, "The Development Effects of the Extractive Colonial Economy: The Dutch Cultivation System in Java"
- Grief, "Cultural Beliefs and the Organization of Society: A Historical and Theoretical Reflection on Collectivist and Individualistic Societies"
- Zerbe and Anderson, "Culture and Fairness in the Development of Institutions in the California Gold Fields"
- Tabellini, "Culture and Institutions: Economic Development in the Regions of Europe"
- Nunn and Wantchekon, "The Slave Trade and the Origins of Mistrust in Africa"
- Nunn, "Culture and the Historical Process"
- Batchelder and Freudenberger, "On the Rational Origins of the Modern Centralized State"
- Johnson and Koyama, "States and Economic Growth: Capacity and Constraints"
- Hickson and Thompson, "A New Theory of Guilds and European Economic Development"