February 29-March 1, 2020
THIS INFO IS BEING RELEASED TO HELP CLUBS START THEIR PLANNING PROCESS TO ATTEND AND COMPETE. INFORMATION MAY CHANGE AND WILL BE UPDATED AS WE GET CLOSER TO THE EVENT. THIS IS TO HELP GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF WHAT AND HOW THINGS WILL BE HAPPENING DURING TRIALS.
- 8 Lanes
- 500m course (straight only: no turns)
- Canoes: Bradley Lightnings - Canoes will be assigned to random lanes. (*You will not get to choose which canoe you want to race in*)
- Boat holders are allowed
- Club uniforms are not needed, but recommended.
- Progression format: Tentative Progression format. SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Lanes will be predetermined by a random draw/assignment. Lanes will be sent out to club contacts approximately one week before trials. If there are scratches on race day, lane and/or heat assignments may be changed. (Especially if there are enough scratches to eliminate a heat)
- Coaches meeting: TBD based on schedule of events.
- Selling of club merchandise is NOT allowed.
Crew Submissions on race day
- All paddlers must be valid in the HCRA database. Printed HCRA ID cards will be required for all crews (V6 and V1)
- Crews will be submitted using the 9-pocket card holders.
- Event cards will be provided to you shortly after the lane assignments are distributed. Event cards must be printed and placed in the top left pocket of the card holder.
- On race day, crews will bring their sleeves to paddler check-in. They must be scanned before paddlers proceed to canoe staging. We recommend printing a few extras in the event something happens; we will not be able to print cards on site. Printed cards are required; we cannot scan off of a device (phone, tablet, etc). Cards must be printed in color from the "Print my own Cards" option in HCRA Paddler.
- Pictures of screen shots of HCRA Cards will not be accepted. HCRA Cards with "Sample" or "Never Issued" water marks will not be accepted.
- Alternates must also be validated in the HCRA database and have a printed HCRA ID card.
- As crews progress through heats, semis, and finals, the crews must remain the same. The 6 that scan in for the heat, must also be the same paddlers that check in for the semi (if any) and finals.
- After finals, if you have qualified, you will be required to take a photo (for your IVF ID) and pay a deposit on your final dues (50%).
- We will also be collecting Anti-Doping forms, and passports at this time.
- You will be able to submit passports, photos, and anti-doping forms ahead of time should you have them ready for submission. Early submissions must be done using the online submission form. Online submission forms can be found on the Trial Registration Page.
INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED AND ADDED AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE.
ENTRIES - (TENTATIVE)
Note: These are the entries listed by division as of the posted date below. Intents submitted after this time are NOT reflected in this list. It will be updated periodically. For an updated crew count, scroll to the bottom (Crew counts are updated automatically each time an intent is submitted).
Entry Count & Progression Format
Subject to change! This is just a draft - it is NOT final and WILL change as we get closer to trials. Progression format may be adjusted due to time constraints. This is the TENTATIVE format.